2f - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

2f

Just see'in how everybody did up 2f for the opener. Figured guys should be getting back from camp around now with updates. wondered how the buck only opener worked out.. Im headin up there for the last weekend. looking forward to it.

Pittsburgh Boxing Club 51
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:41 AM

Re: 2f

I saw 5 doe and a spike on the first day and saw 5 deer on Tuesday. One of the first two I jumped was a buck. I never saw it but a volley of shots were ringing out along its flight path. I'll probably get back up the last Saturday.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 10:10 AM

Saw one deer at 3:30 on Monday....a button buck. Havent' been out since Monday due to work schedule. I'll be out Saturday, Monday, Friday and Saturday of next week.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 11:33 AM

Was in the area....saw 10 doe and 3 buck....one buck was a half rack 2 points, other two were both 4 points traveling together that looked identical. The only thing is one of them had a round knob on one side. I debated back and forth for about 5 minutes whether to shoot him or not.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 11:40 AM
RB
Sage

Saw 4 bucks and 2 does, 2 bucks were very nice racked shooters running together at 8:15, other two were plumb sub-ARs.

Wife was only 150 yards away (only one with gun), never saw a thing all day. Put her in the wrong stand I guess...Fog was a big issue on our hilltop especially in the clearcut.

Just out on Monday.

Got a gang scheduled for Saturday..all travelways covered, lots of kids.

This heavy frost AM would of been a buck kill day up there, think my FIL is heading over, likely an hour too late though.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:15 PM
The Man

Monday I saw one good buck when I trying to push to my brother. He jumped up 40 yds in front of me and ran off with 2 doe to my right while 3 deer ran up toward my brother. I saw another deer while in the stand in the morning. My brother saw 23 deer, including the 6 pt he shot.

Eleven that were hunting monday still had buck tags and six of them filled them. Three 8 pts, Two 6 pts and a 5 pt.

I spent the afternoon dragging everyones bucks out.

Tuesday I saw 11 trying to push for my dad til noon.

2F for a while...
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Regular Visitor

We only had 12 hunters this year. We got one 5pt and A coyote. I myself seen 15 deer on monday. Had a small buck walk by I only counted 2 a side but somebody must of thought he was legal or could of been youth hunter cause he was shot. he had wound right in front of his tail. He was getting along just fine. Later in day I continued my streak when I missed a big one he was a good 8 if not bigger. 150 yard shot no excuse cept nerves I guess. There are a lot of deer and nice bucks up there but gotta put some leg work in and a little luck never hurts. BTW we hunted ANF near Marienville
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Hunted near President Monday, and I seen 11 doe and a button buck. My dad seen one deer all day, a nice 7 point that he put his tag on. My uncle saw 2 doe all day. I put on a small drive right before dark, and our neighbor at camp shot a coyote I pushed to him.

Free Madcatter!
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 01:49 PM
RB
Sage

Hey Good news here, eventhough tomorrow's snow is not supposed to cover the ground, Saturday's wind direction is forecasted perfectly for our spot...should bring them right around I hope. Everyone is going to smell like dirt that is for darn sure.

GOOD LUCK 2Fers!

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Frequent Contributor

Monday saw 2 deer at first light could not make out what they were then saw a 3 point and a half 4 point tuesday did not see a deer and wensday did not see any back up saturday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page