Just some photo taking tips - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Just some photo taking tips

With the number of deer photos I have seen lately on the site (some good, some not so much) I decided to give some of my favorite articles on how to take a picture of your trophy that you can get a 8x10 print made of and hang on on the wall.

Im not critizing anyone's photos. I just wanted to put this out to share for anyone who has not read these type of articles before. Those "glam" shots you see in the magazines dont happen by accident.

http://growthehunt.typepad.com/grow_...phy-photo.html

http://www.americanhunter.org/Articl...id=2520&cid=47

Your just jealous because I've been chatting online with babes all day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:16 AM

Re: Just some photo taking tips

Nice reads! Short and to the point and those tips will help guys take some nice pics...I even bought a gorilla pod I throw in my vest when I'm alone so I can take my own field pics..

Some guys don't care about pics...but I sure love em...I like to look back through them when I'm away at work and the dog days of summer and such....and the newer pics I've been taking are much nicer to look at compared to the meat tree, tailgate shots etc...I still often take all those pics and a ton of others that aren't frame worthy but I like to have em all...even got pics of carrying them out, gutting etc...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 01:03 AM

Very True. I have committed myself to make sure to at least take pics. I was bad for years about not taking any pics. I have also been trying to take better pics also. It really doesn't take that much longer to do it right or at least better. Also with digital cameras you can take a bunch of photos. It seems like out of 15 or 20 pics you only get one or two that you really like.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I agree with this thread completely,
i've learned and am still learning, sometimes its easier to do by yourself with a self timing camera and a tripod or propping the cam on a log.
Asking the person with you to take the photo for you sometimes they get impatient and pics turn out bad lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page