Out of state threads - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Out of state threads

Any reason we should not have an out of state thread section.Thought this was hunting Pa.com not MD. or otherwise.Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Out of state threads

Not a bad idea. When I post about stuff going on in MD I do it mostly to inform the PA guys and maybe give them an incentive or the info necessary to try something different..

I don't post about MD to try and take away from the HPA site. Fact is, my Grandson shot a really nice 11 pointer with the ML on Saturday and I thought about posting it on HPA but decided not to since it IS HPA.. but that doesn't stop me from being extremely proud.

Best regards, Glenn

Ain't no such thing as a "couldahad" with the bow"
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 03:48 PM
New Arrival

would that be for people like me that return to pa to hunt as an out of stater, non-resident, or for people reporting on hunting in other states?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 04:02 PM

I have lived in PA during three different periods of time for a total of 31 years and counting. I have lived in 8 other states hunted in many more included Canada a few times. The most of the experience I have learn in all locations generally applies the methods, equipment and tactics commonly used in our good Commonwealth of PA.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Glenn D looks like you posted about your grandson anyway.I'd be proud also.I just started this thread because I will open a thread thinking it was a Pa. harvest and turns out it was from another state.I have hunted out of state too.If everyone on this site that hunted out of state posted pics. and threads it would be cluttering up Pa. threads thats why I suggested an out of state Forum section.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

You probably noticed however I did not use up HPA space with photos of my Grandson and his buck..

If you want to see the Grandson and his buck click on this link..

Grandson and Eleven pointer

Best regards, Glenn

Ain't no such thing as a "couldahad" with the bow"
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Nice buck, Glenn! Congrats to your grandson.

I like seeing posts from OOS hunters who either hunt here, or grew up here and now live elsewhere. I also like to see the stories of fellow Pennsylvanians' OOS hunts. I enjoy seeing how other folks hunt, what the terrain and cover looks like in their neck of the woods, etc. With that said, I'm the kind of hunter who likes to sample opportunities in other states; Love PA, but mixing it up is good, too.

If there's a separate forum for other states, I'll still visit there often, but I don't think the OOS posts are cluttering the boards too much the way it is now.

Home: 4D & 4B. Camp: 2G & Kentucky
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Might not be a bad idea to have a general area for hunts that happen out of state. Depending on success could always be broken down into Big game, small game, water fowl ect (lot of work). However, just an area for out of state hunts wouldnt be bad

Remember when injun killed the Ohio buck and had everyone on the edge of their seat only to find out it was out of state? lol
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng270
Nice buck, Glenn! Congrats to your grandson.

I like seeing posts from OOS hunters who either hunt here, or grew up here and now live elsewhere. I also like to see the stories of fellow Pennsylvanians' OOS hunts. I enjoy seeing how other folks hunt, what the terrain and cover looks like in their neck of the woods, etc. With that said, I'm the kind of hunter who likes to sample opportunities in other states; Love PA, but mixing it up is good, too.

If there's a separate forum for other states, I'll still visit there often, but I don't think the OOS posts are cluttering the boards too much the way it is now.

Agreed.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Banned

Glenn nice buck! good to see another MWC guy on here. Never would have know you were you if you didnt post that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page