The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Anyone Interested?

3K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  bohunr 
#1 ·
I'm headed south to hunt wild boar in April and can bring up to 6 guys along if any HPA members are interested? Here's the details...

Outfitter: http://www.collinslowcountryhuntingclub.com/ - Home located in Ehrhardt, South Carolina.
Arrival Date: Friday April 17th.
Hunt Dates: April 18th, 19th, 20th.
Departure Date: Tuesday April 21st.

Cost: $1000 (meals and lodging included.) $500 non-refundable deposit required at time of booking.

Hunters responsible for their own 3-day license which can be purchased online for $43.00.

Hunters can skin, quarter and keep their hogs in the outfitters coolers at no additional charge, or the outfitter will provide the service for $45.00 per hog.

Anyone interested in participating let me know. I head south every year to poke some porkers and it's BIG fun. Maybe some of us can hunt together in April?

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
Thank you! I'm going to make an effort to run some hunts live or semi live on HPA this year depending upon cell service.

How much meat does six hogs put in the freezer and whats it like?
I've never shot 6 hogs on a hunt. I hunt exclusively with a crossbow and it's typically a one and done deal per sit when shooting them with an arrow. Gun hunters have much better odds of knocking more than one off per sit when a group of hogs come in.

I've never weighed the meat but as others have said it's about the same amount as shooting an average sized deer. I donate the meat to my local sportsman's club and we serve it in a variety of ways but it taste similar to domestic hogs.

#21 ·
Bad news again!!!! :mad2: This hunt has been cancelled due to the corona virus. I booked 5 hunts in January and this is the 2nd one in a row to be cancelled. Up to this point I've never had one cancelled before and now this is two in a row. Next out of state hunt is in early June. Hope this crap is settled down by then.

#23 ·
I'm hoping this gets straightened out soon, I need to cross the border mid june for a bear hunt. If I can't it's really not a big deal for me, but the outfitter I'm going with has almost all his hunters coming up from the US, and I know bear season is a big part of his bussiness.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.