Concurrent season? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 455Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 367 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Concurrent season?

From what I've read looks like the PGC is going to make a push for a Statewide Buck & Doe for rifle season, 2 weeks.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 367 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 01:30 PM

In my opinion it should not have been split to begin with. But we all have opinions.
bohunr, Pa-Guy, Pa. Slim and 8 others like this.

ďAw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.Ē

ďJust because I donít care doesnít mean I donít understand.Ē
post #3 of 367 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonfoust View Post
In my opinion it should not have been split to begin with. But we all have opinions.
Concur and they wonder why the ranks are dwindling. Cant fix stupid.
Danesdad likes this.

9-11-01 SOME GAVE SOMETHING. 343 GAVE ALL F.D.N.Y.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 367 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 02:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Be careful what you wish for. I know they can lower doe allocation but you want to see hunters dwindle, run concurrent the whole 2 weeks for a couple years and see what happens when the deer are lower than they already are in spots. Some places have to many deer while others not so much. Hunters want to see deer and not go out and see trees and birds. The WMUs need to be broke down smaller IMO.

4B
post #5 of 367 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 02:57 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

No doubt some areas maybe need it but still areas that havenít recovered from the first time it was concurrent.
I will buy 4 or 5 tags anyway and try and fill every one of them.
I went a few years without shooting doe ten years or so ago. A friend of mine said why??? This isnít going to change in our lifetime. I thought yeah he is right, Iím going to fill me freezer as long as I can. Regardless of whether I agree with the pgc or not. I filled all of them this year and this will keep the steady decline of hunter numbers going and more opportunities for me. Iím ready for 2 buck tags!
bohunr, jwales and pchunter1231 like this.
post #6 of 367 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Be careful what you wish for. I know they can lower doe allocation but you want to see hunters dwindle, run concurrent the whole 2 weeks for a couple years and see what happens when the deer are lower than they already are in spots. Some places have to many deer while others not so much. Hunters want to see deer and not go out and see trees and birds. The WMUs need to be broke down smaller IMO.
Gotta be careful with that as well...
Make the WMUs smaller and you'll introduce the need to further micromanage them... IE, wild swings year to year in allocations... grumblings that 1 WMU has a high allocation, while the adjacent/surrounding ones have extremely low, and vice versa...
Plus, when you make them more numerous and smaller, you start splitting properties, parks, forests, etc and further increase the cases where a tag is valid on one side of the road, but not across the street (even on the same landowner's property.)
bohunr likes this.
post #7 of 367 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

I worry about 2G, just hope they get it right.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #8 of 367 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 03:16 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter Co. Joe View Post
I worry about 2G, just hope they get it right.
Yeah parts of 2G need help. Since your not far from our camp you know what i mean.

4B
post #9 of 367 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 03:21 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Gotta be careful with that as well...
Make the WMUs smaller and you'll introduce the need to further micromanage them... IE, wild swings year to year in allocations... grumblings that 1 WMU has a high allocation, while the adjacent/surrounding ones have extremely low, and vice versa...
Plus, when you make them more numerous and smaller, you start splitting properties, parks, forests, etc and further increase the cases where a tag is valid on one side of the road, but not across the street (even on the same landowner's property.)
I never looked at it that way and you make some valid points. Hopefully they get it right this time.

4B
post #10 of 367 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 03:42 PM
The Man

There ain,t nobody hardly huntin now.It won,t make an difference.What I don,t get is the projected license sales.Yes sales numbers are down but I can,t believe they are sellin as many as they say they are.There used to be hunters everywhere,now you hardly ever see a hunter or hear a shot and that,s reported state wide.
bohunr, Pa-Guy, ANTLERKING and 2 others like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in