Concurrent season? - Page 18 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 455Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 01:08 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap View Post
I didn't realize that. I thought most states had an archery only season or a specific muzzle loader season. Can you provide examples of states where any weapon is legal any time a deer season is open.

South Carolina, zone 3 (southern portion of the state), has one deer season August 15th through January 1st, any weapon. The remainder of the state has separate seasons for various weapons.

Note: this is for private lands. WMA's have varying seasons / regs. There is very little public hunting land in zone 3, or in the entire state for that matter.
bohunr likes this.

Last edited by loridr; 01-19-2020 at 01:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 09:19 PM
dap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
a lot of states dont have the separate season we do. its just any legal weapon during the entire deer season. choose what you want to use as long as its legal.
Quote:
I didn't realize that. I thought most states had an archery only season or a specific muzzle loader season. Can you provide examples of states where any weapon is legal any time a deer season is open.
I did the research. There aren't a LOT of states where any weapon is legal during the entire deer season. In fact the only state without at least one weapon specific season is Alaska.

Alaska - only has a season on Sitka Blacktail deer. Season length varies among the different management units but none have weapon specific seasons. Mule Deer and White-tailed deer have no closed season and no bag limit.
bohunr likes this.
post #173 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 09:37 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
I hope they go to concurrent seasons . . . . Meaning keeping small game season open during Firearms deer season.
I like it
bohunr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 10:53 PM
Regular Visitor

I don't think the PGC will use doe license allocation to increase or reduce herd size, they may say that and that would probably be the best way to do it, but that would also reduce their revenue and money is what drives the PGC. Hunter numbers is about revenue. If the deer are there, there isn't really any reason to have a concurrent season. I found a lot of dead doe after the the season ended during those concurrent season days, the "brown it's down" causes a few to shoot as many shots as they can get off into a herd for one doe. Just my opinion
post #175 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 11:57 PM

wow...more slamming the PA hunters. must be tons of slobs in this state. time to go back to single shot only. but in all honesty it appears that there are more slobs over in the eastern part of PA, at least according to the location of the posters who have seen this happen.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #176 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 06:48 AM
Regular Visitor

Who's slamming hunter? There are slobs out there. most of what I've seen came from you neck of the woods.
post #177 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 07:40 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

And how many dead doe did you find? Why is it brown and down? You still have to ID for horns. So you must be finding an bunch of spikes too.
You guys always exaggerate. There is no reason not to have a concurrent season.

My gawd a lot of butt hurt folks the last couple of years losing their traditions, and worrying about all their deer getting killed.

Intelligence without wisdom is Modern Society............
post #178 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinamanra View Post
Who's slamming hunter? There are slobs out there. most of what I've seen came from you neck of the woods.

then dont come up here if its that unsafe

post #179 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxone View Post
And how many dead doe did you find? Why is it brown and down? You still have to ID for horns. So you must be finding an bunch of spikes too.
You guys always exaggerate. There is no reason not to have a concurrent season.

My gawd a lot of butt hurt folks the last couple of years losing their traditions, and worrying about all their deer getting killed.

right now i am more worried about whats happening in Virginia. if the Demonrats succeed there, it will spread like wildfire and we will have a real battle for our rights on our hands.

post #180 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 11:33 AM
dce
Sage

If the democrats succeed there,we will see the start of a civil war.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page