Pa rules for tagging deer - Page 8 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 231Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 09:01 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestman3 View Post
I`m not for it at all.For example a mother and two fawn come out to a header on a drive,first person on stand kills the mother and a fawn and the last fawn runs down to the next header and he kills it.A hole gene pole gone.If your to lazy to hunt for another deer stay home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRA-5C+ View Post
Ummm, Antlerless deer are just that, deer with no antlers and are fair game for those that have tags, so your trying to say, no one should shoot doe, fawns or button bucks? Seems like you have a sound case to be brought up to the BOC at their next meeting, good luck.

But... but... you don't understand... if ya do that you'll put a hole in your pole.
bohunr and SRA-5C+ like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 11:35 PM

my wife shot a doe and i shot a doe with in an hour of each other. had to drag two deer to the car while she carried the rifles and seats. drag one a distance and go back and drag the other one to where you left the first one. set the seats up and take a break. repeat. just leap frog like that to the car...no problem.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #73 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 11:53 PM

I shot two adult does in one day several years ago. Fortunately I was only in about a mile, there was snow on the ground and it was pretty level ground. One drag rope in each hand and away we went. It wasn't too bad.

Dick Bodenhorn
bohunr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
I shot two adult does in one day several years ago. Fortunately I was only in about a mile, there was snow on the ground and it was pretty level ground. One drag rope in each hand and away we went. It wasn't too bad.

Dick Bodenhorn

one in each hand ? YOU DA MAN !!

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #75 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 01:49 PM

If you have legal tags for the deer fill em all in one day if you can. My desire to shoot does is gone but if you eat the meat I don't see the problem.
bohunr and flintlock hunter like this.

I LOVE Hunting,Fishing, my Excalibur and that thing that makes men weak and starts wars.
post #76 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 03:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59Willys View Post
I'll still do it the old fashion way, shoot-tag-gut-drag and start to process. That's enough work for a day or two
I'm with you. Now that I'm retired I do a lot of hunting solo.
I don't want to drag out 2 Deer.
bohunr and flintlock hunter like this.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #77 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 03:16 PM
The Man

I still kill does on out of state hunts because the properties I hunt have limited hunters and does need killed for management purposes. But I haven't applied for a doe tag in Pa since 2007; nothing political, just figure let somebody else have the tag(s). I quite killing does on public land in Maryland even before that, after they implemented the ridiculous limit of 10 per season, 30 per year, which may have been needed on private land, but, IMO, was way too much on public land within an hour of both DC and Baltimore.
bohunr and Buckskin Dave like this.

Last edited by loridr; 12-29-2019 at 09:12 PM.
post #78 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRA-5C+ View Post
Ummm, Antlerless deer are just that, deer with no antlers and are fair game for those that have tags, so your trying to say, no one should shoot doe, fawns or button bucks? Seems like you have a sound case to be brought up to the BOC at their next meeting, good luck.
How do you get that out of what I posted?So you think it`s ok to mow down a herd of 5 does if you have the tags?Where do you think bucks come from?IMO it`s fine the way it is.
post #79 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 09:15 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestman3 View Post
How do you get that out of what I posted?So you think it`s ok to mow down a herd of 5 does if you have the tags?Where do you think bucks come from?IMO it`s fine the way it is.

Right, your all for protecting doe- however this scenario happens all the time in the Special reg's areas. We have zero issues with it. In your post, you were all about protecting antlerless deer, I know that but if it is an antlerless deer, and you have tags to legally do so, why not? Your hung up on "no doe killing" aspect, your allowed to your opinion, but I have in the Special reg's areas taken many deer, many doubles within seconds apart (no triples yet), and it's legal. The question posters raise would it fit the rest of the state? Your more concerned with protecting them then being a game management tool, sorry.

UBP Life Member
Full Sunday Hunting Supporter
Beyond Century mark in Bow kills.
post #80 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Some people thing the Gameless Commission makes changes for no particular reason but they know that that in any given WMU it takes x number of tags to get a kill. This will increase the efficiency of the tags issued so backdoor herd reduction along with the other backdoor herd reductions such as sat opener, sunday hunting and going back to concurrent buck/doe without significantly reducing the antlerless tags (it's probably next). Rosenberry has never seen a live deer that he didn't think was a problem. All this effort will have a greater effect on public land then on private and most of the areas that I know that need a little reduction is on private purple land..
pchunter1231 likes this.

Last edited by LONZO; 12-30-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page