Game commission destroying big game - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 236Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Game commission destroying big game

No deer and there will be less bear also. Its all about money. First, My buddies hunted Venango county for 4 days. 12 guys 2 buck taken on 1500 acres. The one guy say 4 deer in 4 days. Venango upped the doe license by another 8000. WHY? Next my son hunted Green county for 2 days with 5 friends. Did a lot of driving and saw no deer. Another friend hunted Washington county on 60 acres. Saw 4 deer in 3 days. We are killing to many does. The crossbow use is also getting more deer that could not be done without a crossbow. Next bear season. Looks like a record year this year. Reason an early season hunt. Many guys baiting bears because leaves are still on the trees and you can't see the bait sights. Many hunters arrested this year for using bait on bears. Did they count those bears that were illegal taken with bait. NO. How about road killed bears. Did they count them NO. Take noticed of the amount of bears that were taken in early bear season. Now look at the bears taken in rifle season. Rifle bear kill is way down. Yep they are destroying bear season as well. I will bet you a dollar that the next 2 bear season kills will be lower. No wonder young kids are not hunting. Little deer population and soon little bear population. Besides that kids today are playing on there computers and smart phones instead of hunting. Yep, many of them eating a lot and getting unhealthy fat.
bohunr, Bobow, Waynzee and 2 others like this.

Last edited by foxpro51; 12-03-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:15 PM
The Man

...12 guys , in 4 days, on 150 acres is way to many lol
dce, bohunr, BuckFever101 and 11 others like this.

If the hay is layed..a yote will be slayed
post #3 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:22 PM
dce
Sage

Young kids aren't hunting because of changing demographics.If you want to see them hunt,you need to get them out early and actually teach them to hunt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:34 PM

12 guys on 150 acres? I'm surprised they saw any deer. I guess it varies according to what part of the state. I saw plenty of deer everywhere I hunted this year, 4B, 5B, 2F and 2G. I'm happy with the state of the deer herd in all my areas.
Danesdad and little antlers like this.
post #5 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Part of the Community

I have seen more deer this year than any I can remember. I've hunted public land primarily. Two SGL's and one state forest. 4C, 2D, and 2G.
little antlers likes this.
post #6 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Overall the deer population is spotty, areas that have a decent population like where I hunt have it in spite of the gameless commission not because of it.
Bobow, Asajoe1 and TR860 like this.
post #7 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:53 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxpro51 View Post
No deer and there will be less bear also. Its all about money. First, My buddies hunted Venango county for 4 days. 12 guys 2 buck taken on 150 acres. The one guy say 4 deer in 4 days. Venango upped the doe license by another 8000. WHY? Next my son hunted Green county for 2 days with 5 friends. Did a lot of driving and saw no deer. Another friend hunted Washington county on 60 acres. Saw 4 deer in 3 days. We are killing to many does. The crossbow use is also getting more deer that could not be done without a crossbow. Next bear season. Looks like a record year this year. Reason an early season hunt. Many guys baiting bears because leaves are still on the trees and you can't see the bait sights. Many hunters arrested this year for using bait on bears. Did they count those bears that were illegal taken with bait. NO. How about road killed bears. Did they count them NO. Take noticed of the amount of bears that were taken in early bear season. Now look at the bears taken in rifle season. Rifle bear kill is way down. Yep they are destroying bear season as well. I will bet you a dollar that the next 2 bear season kills will be lower. No wonder young kids are not hunting. Little deer population and soon little bear population. Besides that kids today are playing on there computers and smart phones instead of hunting. Yep, many of them eating a lot and getting unhealthy fat.

Winner, winner -- The No deer thread only took 4 days to pop up. Cograts.
Muzz, Pops423, Whaler and 7 others like this.

UBP Life Member
Full Sunday Hunting Supporter
Beyond Century mark in Bow kills.
post #8 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:59 PM

In 1965, hunters killed more than 65,000 bucks, shattering the 1957 high of 49,000, and then eclipsed the new record two years later, with a harvest of more than 78,000.

Only 65,000 bucks killed in 1965. Only 49,000 bucks killed in 1957. Yet that generation continued hunting and deer hunting. Need to find another reason for kids not hunting today.
tdd, Jamey, burninghxcsoul and 2 others like this.

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”
post #9 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

More and more land is posted. Lack of deer and posted property will kill hunting for the young generation.
bohunr, Pa. Slim, Bobow and 3 others like this.
post #10 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 03:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Lack of deer??? What a joke, there are plenty of deer. 12 guys on 150 acres, that sounds like a keg party not a day of hunting. Those guys didn’t need cell phones they could of just talked out loud to each other.

Camp life,it don't get much better!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page