Why not this year - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Unread 11-18-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Why not this year

With Sunday hunting just needing the governors signature why couldn’t it be implemented this season. An older guy at work told me they use to extend doe season if they felt the need so I don’t feel that time would be an issue. Just found it strange that it won’t be used this year after years and years of fighting for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Unread 11-18-2019, 08:18 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

It was part of the deal, it was never intended for 2019, and chances are we may not see it for 2020, till surveys are sent out, crying takes place and the PFB yells louder...
JoeG52 and Buckskin Dave like this.

UBP Life Member
Chasing in Special Reg's Areas
Sunday Hunting Supporter.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Unread 11-18-2019, 08:30 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Now that I'm working again, the Saturday opener works for me and Sunday hunting would work even better.
Mikeymjr23 likes this.

The older I get the better I was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Unread 11-18-2019, 08:35 PM

Knowing PA hunters like I do, this season could be a bit chaotic for some folks. Lots of guys won't know about the new opener, going to wonder on Monday why the PGC mountain lions kilt all the deers. Donny down the bar heard we can hunt Sundays and now, there will for sure be guys out hunting. It's always a little Western here in rifle season, all this change it's going to be even more so.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Unread 11-18-2019, 08:48 PM

Because laws don't take effect for 90 days after they've been passed, signed, finalized, etc. and the 90 days will be after the end of 2019. I suppose they could use it then to add a sunday to spring turkey in 2020 if that's what they decide.
Hey it's all part of the government bureaucracy, what do you expect? Efficiency?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Unread 11-18-2019, 11:19 PM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdshot View Post
With Sunday hunting just needing the governors signature why couldn’t it be implemented this season. An older guy at work told me they use to extend doe season if they felt the need so I don’t feel that time would be an issue. Just found it strange that it won’t be used this year after years and years of fighting for it.
Actually, those doe season extensions we're illegal and that is why they were no longer used
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Unread 11-19-2019, 12:46 PM
Frequent Contributor

Good things come to those that wait!

A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Unread 11-19-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westrim View Post
Actually, those doe season extensions we're illegal and that is why they were no longer used

I had no idea this was the case. If so, a perfect example of why legiscritters need to quit meddling in wildlife management.

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Unread 11-19-2019, 02:47 PM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonfoust View Post
I had no idea this was the case. If so, a perfect example of why legiscritters need to quit meddling in wildlife management.
IIRC, regulation changes need to be posted in the PA Record for 60 days before they become effective. This is why a quick change in a season is illegal
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Unread Today, 01:36 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westrim View Post
IIRC, regulation changes need to be posted in the PA Record for 60 days before they become effective. This is why a quick change in a season is illegal
But adding a day on to a season, like adding a Saturday to Doe season, due to low harvest, is not a law change. It is simply a change to the season.

Now, adding Sunday is probably a law change, but once it is made legal to hunt on Sundays, don't see why you need anything special to add an additional day later in the year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in