CWD Letter - Page 4 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCoons View Post
How is CWD contracted? .....anyone. I used to pick on a select few, but can anyone please tell me how cwd is spread, I'm begging you ANYONE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Google is your friend
yes it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCoons View Post
Can you just admit that you have no clue and any answer you give us just some guess. NO ONE, knows the details of cwd. You certainly don't . But you keep perpetuating the scare, and feeding the hype.

WOW...hardest thing i've ever done. took awhile but here it is

https://www.cdc.gov/prions/cwd/transmission.html
pchunter1231 and JJ4D like this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted b View Post
WW yes it is they want the public help then if the deer is unfit for consumption then they need to reimburse the cost if the season over itís not the sportsman or womanís fault. Also not Commission fault but the only way to get rid of problem is give the cost to the farm baure then they may do something. But until then how about I tag it with a piece of paper then if it comes back clean I burn my tag
If you think the price of prosecution is worth it, knock yourself out. No one forces you to hunt in a DMA, I don't and won't You hunting license is for more than deer, it is ludicrous to expect to be reimbursed for your license when you made a conscious decision to hunt a DMA. FYI, the head must be legally tagged when you submit it for testing.
bohunr and JJ4D like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:50 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
yes it is

WOW...hardest thing i've ever done. took awhile but here it is

First, I am not a biologist or scientist.

Reading the info presented in the CDC link sure does make me scratch my head though. There are a lot of critical words like "believe" mentioned in those links that tell me they only have educated guesses but not proven facts yet. Then they go on to make statements that appear to be facts like "To date, there is no strong evidence for the occurrence of CWD in people, and it is not known if people can get infected with CWD prions. " Two different studies with no explanation of why the results appear different also. Prohibitive costs and it will take longer term studies to come to a better conclusion. So, while I do not downplay that CWD exists, reading and comprehending the words from the CDC in my opinion is not a great source.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:53 AM

it was just one of many links i found when i googled it for bluecoons

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 11:00 AM
Sage

Do you think the CDC is actually going to come out and say go ahead and eat infected deer? They know from other prion diseases how they act and jump species barriers and they are going to tell people not to eat infected deer even if no one has gotten infected from doing so, they would be subject to all kinds of law suit liability. I don't know all of what you may have read but here is something else for you to read. https://www.usnews.com/news/healthie...sion-to-humans
pchunter1231 and bpottorff like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 11:43 AM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackanick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
yes it is [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

WOW...hardest thing i've ever done. took awhile [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] but here it is

First, I am not a biologist or scientist.

Reading the info presented in the CDC link sure does make me scratch my head though. There are a lot of critical words like "believe" mentioned in those links that tell me they only have educated guesses but not proven facts yet. Then they go on to make statements that appear to be facts like "To date, there is no strong evidence for the occurrence of CWD in people, and it is not known if people can get infected with CWD prions. " Two different studies with no explanation of why the results appear different also. Prohibitive costs and it will take longer term studies to come to a better conclusion. So, while I do not downplay that CWD exists, reading and comprehending the words from the CDC in my opinion is not a great source.
My thoughts as well.
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Part of the Community

WW I was talking about weather or not I hunt if state won’t reimburse then they need to close it down and 1 either kill all the deer apiece in the zones or 2 be prepared for the possibility of a lawsuit. I just asked you question because you seem to have GC answer I know that deer needs to be tagged but my money doesn’t go to deer it goes to the Game Commission so technically they are providing a service. Just like a mechanic fixes my truck if it’s not right I go back for a refund or fix, as you stated if season close then my tag no longer works well. Then pay me for the tag. I paid state in good faith
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 02:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted b View Post
WW I was talking about weather or not I hunt if state won’t reimburse then they need to close it down and 1 either kill all the deer apiece in the zones or 2 be prepared for the possibility of a lawsuit. I just asked you question because you seem to have GC answer I know that deer needs to be tagged but my money doesn’t go to deer it goes to the Game Commission so technically they are providing a service. Just like a mechanic fixes my truck if it’s not right I go back for a refund or fix, as you stated if season close then my tag no longer works well. Then pay me for the tag. I paid state in good faith
Perhaps you might want to go fishing instead of hunting. I doubt the state is worried about a law suit, you are not tricked into hunting deer in the DMAs you go there with your eyes open and know what you have to do if you killed a diseased deer. In addition, the Game and Wildlife Code is clear in that there shall be no refunds for hunting licenses. The mention of section 501 refers to a mistaken prosecution and the return of money or perhaps if an issuing agent sold a person the wrong license. Section 2809 (b) (b) Refunds.--Except as provided in section 501 (relating to refund of moneys paid erroneously or unjustly), license fees are not refundable.

post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 02:44 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Do you think the CDC is actually going to come out and say go ahead and eat infected deer? They know from other prion diseases how they act and jump species barriers and they are going to tell people not to eat infected deer even if no one has gotten infected from doing so, they would be subject to all kinds of law suit liability. I don't know all of what you may have read but here is something else for you to read. https://www.usnews.com/news/healthie...sion-to-humans
Yeah, it appears even in the medical community there is disagreement. Evidently Michael Osterholm has a reputation for being fairly outspoken on similar topics from AIDS/HIV to mad cow etc.
Here is another article also: https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/0...ue-for-people/ Interesting enough he claims to have no ties to political stances when he speaks from his role. Interesting to hear that coming from a dual major in political science and biology from his early years. With his abundance of titles and positions through out his career, you have to wonder where he gets the time to do it all. A fast resulting method of testing just can't come soon enough.
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 02:48 PM
Part of the Community

WW ,No I rather stay hunting, Fish wardens are worst then game wardens. WW I don’t hunt in any of the effected zones

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page