PGC proposed CWD plan - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

PGC proposed CWD plan

Did I miss this or has nobody started a thread concerning the Game Commissions proposed CWD plan? https://www.pgc.pa.gov/Wildlife/Wild...nse%20Plan.pdf

From what I've read a targeted cull of whitetails in areas that have had positive testing of CWD appears to be successful in other states that have used this approach.

That being the case I think this may stop the spread in our state.

Any comments on this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 09:50 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Unless a cure is found you will never stop the spread of it. Culling dear may slow it down but never stop it. The prions from CWD stays in the ground for years. Unless you have an incinerator and incinerate the entire state or a cure is found, its here to stay.

4B
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:04 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Drop the antler restrictions, increase doe allocations if necessary, and have an almost instant test for cwd. I really donít see the need to decimate the deer herd. Itís probably been around a lot longer then weíve known.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 11:53 PM
Regular Visitor

State Representative Jim Gregory just penned a letter to the game commission stating the CWD plan is not valid. He requests in instant apology to the data they are using from West Virginia. He is from the Holidaysburg/Bellwood area. I saw the letter he penned to the pgc on www.wjactv.com
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:02 AM

I started a thread on this back on 9/12...
Lots of views, 1 response...
Seems that either minds are made up, no one cares, or everyone's too preoccupied with the start of the season to think CWD.

(Full disclosure, there's a sticky post at the top of this forum and at least 3 others I saw on the same subject.)
Woods walker likes this.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 09:57 AM
dce
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSIHC View Post
State Representative Jim Gregory just penned a letter to the game commission stating the CWD plan is not valid. He requests in instant apology to the data they are using from West Virginia. He is from the Holidaysburg/Bellwood area. I saw the letter he penned to the pgc on www.wjactv.com
He's a perfect example of why legislators should keep their noses out of game management.
quackmaster4 and Danesdad like this.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
In my opinion he is just another political hack who is now using the Game Commission and CWD to pander for votes because he really doesn't care about the truth or what is the most responsible direction and action, as long as he gets reelected in the process.

The fact that he is the State Representative for what is the hotbed area of the state where hunters are the most opposed to targeted removal of deer from the CWD hot spots is pretty much all telling from what I can see and determine.

It is real shame when a person would sell their soul to get reelected, but it seems many are willing to go that route. It just tells me how much we need term limits on ALL elected officials at both the state and federal levels.

Dick Bodenhorn
dce, Danesdad, outofstater and 2 others like this.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 11:45 AM

Just my thought... If Jim Gregory is representing how the majority in his district feels, isn't he doing his job?

I'm not saying he is right or wrong. Just saying he is doing his job

Last edited by Wainzoid; 09-24-2019 at 11:53 AM.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:28 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wainzoid View Post
Just my thought... If Jim Gregory is representing how the majority in his district feels, isn't he doing his job?

I'm not saying he is right or wrong. Just saying he is doing his job

Yes he is. That's exactly who he's supposed to represent.

Gun Control = Using both hands, and hitting your target
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
The guy is just another scum bag legislator pandering for votes! He would not know good information or a good plan from a rabbit turd.
K98, Danesdad and Steeltrap like this.

Last edited by Woods walker; 09-24-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page