Last Day to Apply for an Elk Tag.... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Last Day to Apply for an Elk Tag....

Today is your last chance to apply for a Pa Elk Tag, you can even apply online, so lets support the PGC and their Elk habitat program ....good luck to all who are lucky enough to receive one.....
woodsman1118 likes this.

If you don`t stand behind our Troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

A friend went on line yesterday to enter the elk drawing. He called me and said all that was listed was elk archery for the 3 new listed seasons. I told him there should be an early archery, general and late season. He said nope just archery. Well I went on line to see what he was looking at because I was going to apply for him. Sure enough all that was listed was archery. Wonder what was up with that?
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 10:38 AM

I'm a little miffed at this elk drawing thing. I don't care THAT much about it, but I've been applying for a tag or a preference point for 13 years....including this year. I feel a little cheated because all those years there was basically one season for elk....any weapon. Now they split it up. I had plans, if drawn, to bowhunt elk and all of my preference points are only allocated to what is now the regular season. So because 'they' made separate seasons out of one I've now got 12 preference points for a season I don't really want to hunt because an archery season didn't exist in the past.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but it should be an option to transfer your existing points (prior to the multiple separate seasons) to whichever season you so desire. Make that transfer a one time deal if that's what it takes.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonN View Post
I'm a little miffed at this elk drawing thing. I don't care THAT much about it, but I've been applying for a tag or a preference point for 13 years....including this year. I feel a little cheated because all those years there was basically one season for elk....any weapon. Now they split it up. I had plans, if drawn, to bowhunt elk and all of my preference points are only allocated to what is now the regular season. So because 'they' made separate seasons out of one I've now got 12 preference points for a season I don't really want to hunt because an archery season didn't exist in the past.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but it should be an option to transfer your existing points (prior to the multiple separate seasons) to whichever season you so desire. Make that transfer a one time deal if that's what it takes.
I'm not sure I am following your thinking.

I suspect anyone drawn for the regular elk season will still be able to use their bow in that season the same always in the past. If that is the you still have just as much chance as ever in the past and before these new additional season. Plus you know have as much a chance as anyone else for getting drawn for one of the new seasons if you applied for them.

Dick Bodenhorn
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 02:47 PM
DDX
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonN View Post

Pretty sure you can still hunt with a bow in any of the seasons.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 07:16 PM
New Arrival

what he is saying is he would like his preference points to go into the archery draw, so would I.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Sage

When is the drawing?

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
When is the drawing?
August 17th.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:22 PM
Frequent Contributor

Send a message via AIM to 41 MagFan
Put in for the drawing this year i had 2 or 3 preference points. I dont think I will get drawn that is just my luck but it would be the hunt of a lifetime if drawn. Good luck to all that entered.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 01:16 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
I'm not sure I am following your thinking.

I suspect anyone drawn for the regular elk season will still be able to use their bow in that season the same always in the past. If that is the you still have just as much chance as ever in the past and before these new additional season. Plus you know have as much a chance as anyone else for getting drawn for one of the new seasons if you applied for them.

Dick Bodenhorn
His accumulated points are only able to be used in a drawing that has 20% fewer tags than last year. How does his odds of drawing stay equal to last years odds? His odds have been lowered! Then consider the total allotment being increased over last year, and those tags missing from the drawing his points are stuck in. He has been royally ripped off!!

How does being able to use a bow any consolation?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in