How many here have contacted their legislators? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Woods walker
  • 2 Post By jimbridger

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Sage

How many here have contacted their legislators?

To go along with the "just a matter of time" thread Since I cannot figure out how to post a poll I will ask the following:

How many here have contacted their Representatives and or Senators to ask them to shot down deer farms?
How many here have contacted the Governor's office to asked to have the deer farms shut down?
How many here have contacted their Representatives and or Senators to ask them to remove the Dept of Ag from oversight of deer farm and return it to the PGC?
How many here have contacted the Governor's office to ask to have the Dept of Ag removed from oversight of deer farms and return it to the PGC?
How many here have encouraged their hunting friends and family to write or call their legislators to ask to have the deer farms shut down?
How many here have encouraged their non hunting friends and family to write or call their legislators to ask to have the deer farms shut down?
How many here have encouraged their non hunting friends and family to write or call the Governors office and ask to have the the deer farms shut down?

If anyone here knows how to post a poll feel free to do so with the questions posted here and I will delete my post.

We can complain to each other or others but unless we take the bull by the horns and demand our general assembly and governors office stop sitting on their hands after they made a huge mistake of giving oversight to Ag an undo what they did and return control to the PGC, we are part of the problem and not the solution to slowing down this plague on our deer.. Don't forget to remind the general assembly and the governor's office that is was they who left Pandora out of the box.
Potter Co. Joe likes this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

All good and valid questions. Not sure we need a poll as to who did or didn't
but would certainty hope these questions will light a fire under our ##### including myself to get more involved
and do our part.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 04:14 PM

For someone that wants the "legiscritters" out of wildlife management you sure contact them a lot about wildlife management. Just sayin. Waugh!
Muzz and darkhollowarcher like this.

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridger View Post
For someone that wants the "legiscritters" out of wildlife management you sure contact them a lot about wildlife management. Just sayin. Waugh!
I would have thought that you knew that the State Legislators are the only ones who can make or change laws, including those that govern the entire function of our wildlife laws and management options.

Therefore, it is very important for anyone wanting the best possible future for wildlife issues to have regular contact with and work with our State Legislature toward those objectives.

Dick Bodenhorn
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
I would have thought that you knew that the State Legislators are the only ones who can make or change laws, including those that govern the entire function of our wildlife laws and management options.

Therefore, it is very important for anyone wanting the best possible future for wildlife issues to have regular contact with and work with our State Legislature toward those objectives.

Dick Bodenhorn

I do know that but what does that have to do with what I posted? More or less one can't complain the legislative branch or GA is getting involved when you don't like what they are doing for some that contacted them and then turn around and contact them when you want something done. Just seems odd to me and it was an observation. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 04:32 PM

HMMM, maybe a protest on the state capitol is in order?

A squakin' turkey don't live long
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:17 PM
The Man

I for one would do that but im an * Outofstater* . Don't think they would accept my opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page