CWD in Juniata County - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

CWD in Juniata County

I just read this this morning. I haven't lived in or hunted this area in years, but I have family and friends that still live and hunt there. Sad times.

https://www.dailyitem.com/news/confi...c9991ec35.html

Last edited by barrike; 06-18-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 08:04 AM

Not good. I am in Perry county and it was only a matter of time before it got here. The question is, how long has it already been in Perry and Juniata counties? I am willing to bet its been here for a while. Should have gotten rid of the deer farms many years ago.
Danesdad likes this.

4B
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:40 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Sad story, when will the spread of this disease end if ever. I hunted Perry Co. up until 2011.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Grew up in Perry County and now have a cabin there. These types of things never worry me. But my wife and I eat lots of venison and she is very concerned. She probably will not eat meat coming from Perry County. So now what??? Do I only trophy hunt Perry County and goes else where for doe??? Troubling for sure!!
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleGobble View Post
Grew up in Perry County and now have a cabin there. These types of things never worry me. But my wife and I eat lots of venison and she is very concerned. She probably will not eat meat coming from Perry County. So now what??? Do I only trophy hunt Perry County and goes else where for doe??? Troubling for sure!!
I am willing to bet its already been in Perry and Juniata counties for years. There used to be a game farm in New Bloomfield and some of those animals got loose and Lowes is still up and running to. I remember about 10 years ago i saw a sickly buck standing close to town in New Bloomfield and a girl was standing literally feet from it. It looked real skinny and this was beginning of summer. I called the game commission. Never heard back if they did anything or not. I am pretty sure some of us have already eaten infected deer and not even know it.
jimbridger and Waynzee like this.

4B
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 03:59 PM
Sage

Every hunter in this state should be writing to their legislators and demanding that every cervid farm in the state be closed and all animals destroyed and buried at least 20 feet deep.
Danesdad and Mussgrass like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Every hunter in this state should be writing to their legislators and demanding that every cervid farm in the state be closed and all animals destroyed and buried at least 20 feet deep.
I have done that and there is a higher up in the Department of Ag that lives close to me and i give it him everytime i see him. He tries to avoid me now lol.
jimbridger likes this.

4B
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 05:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
I have done that and there is a higher up in the Department of Ag that lives close to me and i give it him everytime i see him. He tries to avoid me now lol.
Ag is a waste of time, you must get the attention of the people who have authority over them.
pchunter1231 and Waynzee like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:45 PM
New Arrival

I do the majority of my deer hunting in Greenwood township where the deer was discovered, and have eaten deer from this small area every year for over 20 years. When I read I read this article this morning it made me sick to the stomach because no body really has a answer/ cure for this spreading problem. I totally agree with closing the deer farms and eliminating every one of the penned deer. But also there is not a deer farm within 15-20 miles
of where the infected deer in juniata county was found. It’s a sad day for every deer hunter....
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 06:25 PM
Frequent Contributor

Just a matter of time before its in every county. I'll be done deer hunting. No way I'll eat meat in a county that has CWD!
Danesdad likes this.

A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in