Business & Sat Opener - Page 8 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 85Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ftup View Post
Yup, thatís what I said! I usually stay till Wednesday now Iíll go home Sunday or maybe Monday. Those extra 2 days I save will be used in archery.
What is the reason for why you will go home on Sunday or maybe Monday? when you used to stay until Wednesday? What changed for you? It does sound like you will be hunting Saturday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:18 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Cause staying at rifle camp by yourself when everyone else vacated isn’t much fun. Just so I’m clear absolutely everyone of the guys I talk to travel for camp.

Camp life,it don't get much better!
post #73 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:19 PM
Sage

Well, there actually is a small bowling establishment in the closest town to camp. Been there since the late 50s, probably still has the same equipment?

Maybe 25 years ago when the farm boy cousin I hunt with, was still in a league, went down with him on the first Friday night of buck. Coupla lanes open, some local farm lads from up near camp came in and I bowled a few games with them. Don't think I've bowled since?

Might've even been the last flat lander hunter in town for deer, to have bowled there, but the bar next door always seems to be busy? Ain't been in there in about 28 years.

bohunr likes this.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 05:39 PM

its like the first week of rifle season. Monday has the most people, Tuesday a little less and Wednesday a whole lot less. Thursday and Friday find me hunting the field edges for feeding deer as the pressure in the woods has dropped drastically. the deer are a little more at ease and often venture out to the field for a bite to eat before dark.

Then the first Saturday everyone is out as Buck and Doe can both be taken. then comes the second Monday and the woods are empty.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #75 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ftup View Post
Cause staying at rifle camp by yourself when everyone else vacated isnít much fun. Just so Iím clear absolutely everyone of the guys I talk to travel for camp.
So are you saying all your camp mates are hunting Saturday and going home Sunday? If so they are all hunting the first day. Just so Im clear everyone I talk to hunts multiple days of the deer season other than one day. I guess I and my fellow hunters do not need multiple people around to make hunting fun. Some of the best hunting I experienced was alone.
RyanR likes this.
post #76 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:40 PM

i agree. but companionship before, during and after the hunt make the day that much better.
Buff and Nightblaster like this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #77 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:13 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Hunters that stay in Hotels/Motels B&B's and private lodges are another category when it comes to business.

Went to Kayak and did a search for the Saturday opener using Coudersport, PA. Many are sold out or only have a 1 day left.
bohunr and RyanR like this.

I will prepare and someday my chance will come. - Abraham Lincoln

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page