Saturday Opener - Page 7 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Its not a win win if you cannot participate on the opener. Nice try though.
These kinds of replies just show how shallow one can be.
Those people who will hunt on Saturday could care less that's its the "opener", they are just glad to be out there getting a chance to hunt.
To deny them this opportunity is a closed minded attitude that has kept the state of PA in the dark for far too long.
This train of thinking is what has kept PA from allowing hunting on Sunday because many many many years ago a group of people thought it relevant to make Sunday a day of rest.
Well those folks don't rest on Sunday anymore just like this traditionalistic, head in the sand, narrow minded, keep it the way the way it's always been, screw the younger generations and anyone who can't do it my way attitude has kept PA in the dark ages....
People like you and others who have repeatedly shared your resistance to this extra day of hunting need to open your minds .... There is no mention in the PA Hunting Rules that give a seasons date(s) as "opener". It's only your psychological ineptitude that needs adjustment...
One of you mentioned the happiest day is the "opener", well the happiest days I have had is when I can take a pic with my son or daughter with their harvest. The date really doesn't matter.... maybe you don't have kids to share your days afield with so you can't relate but if there is absolutely no difference other then what you have in your own mind....
Danesdad likes this.

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 12:56 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Ease off the personal stuff, please.
MOSSYOAK1957 likes this.
post #63 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIGHT POINT View Post
These kinds of replies just show how shallow one can be.
Those people who will hunt on Saturday could care less that's its the "opener", they are just glad to be out there getting a chance to hunt.
To deny them this opportunity is a closed minded attitude that has kept the state of PA in the dark for far too long.
This train of thinking is what has kept PA from allowing hunting on Sunday because many many many years ago a group of people thought it relevant to make Sunday a day of rest.
Well those folks don't rest on Sunday anymore just like this traditionalistic, head in the sand, narrow minded, keep it the way the way it's always been, screw the younger generations and anyone who can't do it my way attitude has kept PA in the dark ages....
People like you and others who have repeatedly shared your resistance to this extra day of hunting need to open your minds .... There is no mention in the PA Hunting Rules that give a seasons date(s) as "opener". It's only your psychological ineptitude that needs adjustment...
One of you mentioned the happiest day is the "opener", well the happiest days I have had is when I can take a pic with my son or daughter with their harvest. The date really doesn't matter.... maybe you don't have kids to share your days afield with so you can't relate but if there is absolutely no difference other then what you have in your own mind....
Like i have said numerous times. I do have 2 young boys and because of this stupid change we will not be able to participate on the opener so no its not an extra day and when the schools start making the Monday after Thanksgiving a school day across the state then what? I take them archery hunting and early doe season so they do get out. This change was to give another silver spoon to the one day a year college student hunters. I forget, are there other deer seasons other than the 2 week rifle season? Oh thats right we can hunt deer Sept/October/November/December/January. Plenty of opportunity and time during those 5 month period to get out to hunt deer or any other game but this one day will solve hunter recruitment and hunting license increase. Give me a break.

4B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Like i have said numerous times. I do have 2 young boys and because of this stupid change we will not be able to participate on the opener so no its not an extra day and when the schools start making the Monday after Thanksgiving a school day across the state then what? I take them archery hunting and early doe season so they do get out. This change was to give another silver spoon to the one day a year college student hunters. I forget, are there other deer seasons other than the 2 week rifle season? Oh thats right we can hunt deer Sept/October/November/December/January. Plenty of opportunity and time during those 5 month period to get out to hunt deer or any other game but this one day will solve hunter recruitment and hunting license increase. Give me a break.
Obviously your boys are not old enough to evaluate the pros of this extra day because I can't fathom any young hunter who wouldn't want to be in the woods more often.
My 16 year old and all his hunting buddy's are glad for this change...They'll hunt Saturday and Monday and down this way they do have school on Monday after Thanksgiving and our approach to that Monday will not change....
I further hope that your young boys will attend college but I would also hope that no one ever insinuates that they were ever given a "silver spoon" for something they believed in and felt strongly about...
Tony300wby likes this.

post #65 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Actually the PGC gave you and all other hunters MORE opportunity to hunt deer with this change, the season previously was 12 days it is now 13 days.

Obviously the extra day does not work for your personal schedule, but the PGC can not be expected to accommodate everyone's personal schedule.

Good luck, Tony
post #66 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 01:32 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Well those folks don't rest on Sunday anymore

There are a lot of us who still consider Sunday a day of rest.
post #67 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussgrass View Post

Hunting is my hobby. It is rest for me. While you are free to 'rest' in your way the law does not permit me to rest in my way.

ďAw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.Ē

ďJust because I donít care doesnít mean I donít understand.Ē
post #68 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
And a lot who consider that day to be Saturday.

Irrelevant to the PGC's setting of season dates, and it should be irrelevant to the legislature as well...
post #69 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
When I see garden stands, furniture stands and bake stands operating on Sunday's, I am sure this was not what their forefathers had in mind....
The culture that made Sunday a day of "no hunting" for that reason is minimal to non-existent nowadays but for some reason the stat of PA has to hold onto laws that are not relevant anymore...
Buckethead, JasonN and Danesdad like this.

post #70 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
When I see garden stands, furniture stands and bake stands operating on Sunday's, I am sure this was not what their forefathers had in mind....
The culture that made Sunday a day of "no hunting" for that reason is minimal to non-existent nowadays but for some reason the stat of PA has to hold onto laws that are not relevant anymore...
This state is backwards in many ways. Look at how they sell alcohol. No sunday hunting. Come on, PA get with the times!

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page