Saturday Opener - Page 3 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIGHT POINT View Post
If the PGC is looking for information about how the new Saturday opener actually went all they need to do is to input a questioner on the upcoming licensing format for 2019/2020 just like they do with some of the migratory bird licenses. The question should read something like this, " Did you hunt on the Saturday opener of rifle season". ( ) YES ( ) NO.
Now there is a lot of information the PGC can gather by doing it this way.
1. They will have a direct answer from a legitimate license holder, not some guy who hasn't hunted for 10 years who responded to some poll....
2. It will also divulge what the age and gender is based on the data in the PGC system about each hunter. This is important so we have an idea of what the demographic is between yes's and no's....
I'm sure there is other data they can extrapolate as well by doing it this way.
No need to over engineer this, keep it simple. All the information they need is right in their data base. Just ask the question...
Just wanted to point out they already do get the details from Point 2 in their current surveys... as they are uniquely indexed back to a CID.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:18 PM
Sage

They are still getting opinions against the Saturday opener as we speak.

I spoke to the Governor's office a while ago, actually got a live person and not a machine. He told me they are getting a whole lot of calls from people who are angry about the change of the opener to Saturday and that they are forwarding the complaints to the PGC. The number I used was the one that was posted on the PGC's face book page in the comments portion. It would appear folks are not taking it lying down from what the Governor's rep. told me.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #23 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:41 PM
Frequent Contributor

It will be interesting to see when they are setting seasons next year. At that point, a Saturday opener will be something the BOC will be 'taking away' from people. Will be fun to see then if the "Saturday opener" crowd is as vocal as the "Monday opener" crowd is now.
JasonN, bigguy54 and elk yinzer like this.

ďAw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.Ē

ďJust because I donít care doesnít mean I donít understand.Ē
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post

I spoke to the Governor's office a while ago, actually got a live person and not a machine. He told me they are getting a whole lot of calls from people who are angry about the change of the opener to Saturday and that they are forwarding the complaints to the PGC. The number I used was the one that was posted on the PGC's face book page in the comments portion. It would appear folks are not taking it lying down from what the Governor's rep. told me.

Wait a second! So most folks on this site say to keep the politics out of the PGC, removed from the legislature, away from the quagmire of government, etc....yet now you're advocating involving the governor when it's not going your way? Talk about hypocrisy!

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #25 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:

But are all these people actually actively still hunting or just people who didn't like the idea of a Saturday opener....
I read a couple articles ( magazine and newspaper) where the person they were interviewing was not still actively hunting but they still went to "camp" anyway.
Another wanted "tradition" to out way any good it would do for the younger generation....That there was plenty of "other" things to keep these kids today busy besides making these changes....

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
post #26 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonN View Post
Quote:

Wait a second! So most folks on this site say to keep the politics out of the PGC, removed from the legislature, away from the quagmire of government, etc....yet now you're advocating involving the governor when it's not going your way? Talk about hypocrisy!
no it’s called oversight.
post #27 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
no itís called oversight.
Lol!
It's "meddling" when you don't get your way...
It's "oversight" when you want to use them to get your way.
Oh, more delicious irony....
post #28 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Quote:
Quote:
no it’s called oversight.
Lol!
It's "meddling" when you don't get your way...
It's "oversight" when you want to use them to get your way.
Oh, more delicious irony....
more lack of common sense and rational thought on your part. It’s meddling when the ga tells them what to do or not to do. It is oversight when they review the decision and determine if it is not a good one and has a negative effect.
post #29 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Sage

All that nonsense coming from the guy who was full of insults for anyone who was opposed to Saturday being the opening day before it was passed. Seems he has a very short, convenient memory.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #30 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
more lack of common sense and rational thought on your part. Itís meddling when the ga tells them what to do or not to do. It is oversight when they review the decision and determine if it is not a good one and has a negative effect.
Don't even see it, do you?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page