Saturday Opener - Page 12 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
wait until the discussion comes up in a few weeks(it always does) and comparison names. How widespread I canít tealy say but there are several of the same players.

Oh, don't you worry. Buckethead, myself and many others have been here essentially from the begining of Al Gore's internet! We've had this discussion so many times I can't even count!

I'm only thinking of a couple folks off the top of my head that want to keep it as it is. The vast majority want it changed.....and have for a very long time. Dig up some old threads and you'll see what I mean. Enjoy the reading, it's entertaining....at least a little!

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOL View Post
Far be it for me to tell someone how to raise their children. So, if I'm out of line, just tell me. But.....don't you think that's too young?
He is a quick learner.

But he is still struggling with the with the math that says 13 days of rifle hunting equals a LOSS vs 12 days of rifle hunting.

Good luck, Tony
JasonN and whil e kioti like this.

Last edited by Tony300wby; 05-23-2019 at 06:56 PM.
post #113 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonN View Post
The funnies thing about it is he's not even for changing the system! We've been round and round on this issue over the years.
I have never had a problem with changing the system. I just expect a change to have a real benefit to justify the change.

Currently I can sit down and complete the application, envelope, check, then put it in the mail in under 5 minutes. Then one day the pretty pink envelope reappears in my mailbox. I have completed that process dozens of times myself without incident, as have millions of other hunters. To me the process is so simple and easy I would not have ever given it a second thought if it wasn't for reading the complainers on line.

Now I am sure the resident expert on everything will get on his soap box and claim multiple trips to the store, added cost, a system kinda like but not exactly like the elk process, using one process for the first round another process for bonus rounds, a lottery, a lottery with preference points, a system that keeps the applicants money even if a tag is not awarded, a process that leaves the PGC open to eat awarded but unpaid for tags, ect. are all improvements.

Ultimately I will use what ever process (Current or New) the PGC has in place without complaint, as will the majority of other hunters. And there will be a small bunch that will complain about what ever process (Current or New) that the PGC has in place.

Good luck, Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony300wby View Post
I have never had a problem with changing the system. I just expect a change to have a real benefit to justify the change.

Currently I can sit down and complete the application, envelope, check, then put it in the mail in under 5 minutes. Then one day the pretty pink envelope reappears in my mailbox. I have completed that process dozens of times myself without incident, as have millions of other hunters. To me the process is so simple and easy I would not have ever given it a second thought if it wasn't for reading the complainers on line.

Now I am sure the resident expert on everything will get on his soap box and claim multiple trips to the store, added cost, a system kinda like but not exactly like the elk process, using one process for the first round another process for bonus rounds, a lottery, a lottery with preference points, a system that keeps the applicants money even if a tag is not awarded, a process that leaves the PGC open to eat awarded but unpaid for tags, ect. are all improvements.

Ultimately I will use what ever process (Current or New) the PGC has in place without complaint, as will the majority of other hunters. And there will be a small bunch that will complain about what ever process (Current or New) that the PGC has in place.

Good luck, Tony
The PGC has asked for control of the system. They said a few years ago that they would save somewhere around 100k just from not having to print the pink envelopes.

The current system works, but there are much better ways of doing it in this day and age.
Buckethead and JasonN like this.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #115 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot View Post
The PGC has asked for control of the system. They said a few years ago that they would save somewhere around 100k just from not having to print the pink envelopes.

The current system works, but there are much better ways of doing it in this day and age.
I remember that, Yet here we are years later using the same process. We can Monday morning quarterback the pros and cons of the current process or someones fantasy process or debate why the process has not changed, but in the end its not going to matter because its not up to us or the PGC to make the change. If the current process is so bad (expensive, complicated, time consuming, unfair, ect.) to you or anyone else, its 100% up to the individual to use it or not.

Good luck, Tony
blackpowder likes this.
post #116 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:

Good luck, Tony

No need to explain your position, I know it, I respect it. Maybe I could have phrased my original comment a little differently to reflect that.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #117 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
He is a quick learner.

But he is still struggling with the with the math that says 13 days of rifle hunting equals a LOSS vs 12 days of rifle hunting.

Good luck, Tony

Math is hard. That's why I have a B.A. in History.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #118 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:55 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussgrass View Post
There are a lot of us who still consider Sunday a day of rest.
What could be more restful than sitting in my Treestand watching NFL football.
OAWC likes this.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #119 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:59 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
Math is hard. That's why I have a B.A. in History.
A lot of people now a days even want to change History.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Last edited by pappybear; 05-24-2019 at 09:36 AM.
post #120 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 10:31 AM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter Co. Joe View Post
What could be more restful than sitting in my Treestand watching NFL football.
Football and hunting combined? That would be awesome.

One of those luxury blinds with a nice chair and a TV. Snacks, drinks, etc....that's living.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page