R.I.P. Pennsylvania hunting tradition - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 448Likes
Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-09-2019, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

R.I.P. Pennsylvania hunting tradition

With their vote this morning the board of commissioners has murdered over 60 years of deer hunting tradition in Pennsylvania. This move in my opinion proves either that they have lost all touch with what is really in the hearts and minds of Pennsylvania hunters and what is truly best or that they are merely puppets and we’re cold to do this. Either way things do not look good. Of course most who wanted the Monday opener will move on and continue hunting but there will be some possibly many who were only continuing to hunt because they strongly valued the traditions of they had spent their whole life practicing this will end that for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Frequent Contributor

post #3 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-09-2019, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

You may be right, when the board quits caring about the hunters it is supposed to be for it just might be time to panic.
bohunr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Frequent Contributor

Only time will tell if it was a case of "quit caring" or "tough love"....
Danesdad and SRA-5C+ like this.
post #5 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-09-2019, 09:18 AM

I thought antler restrictions and herd reduction already killed it? Or was it concurrent seasons? 250 " of orange? Bonus tags? Dmap? WMU'S? No camp rosters? One deer n done? Xbows? In lines? October youth n sr hunt? Special regs seasons?
Buckethead, Muzz, JasonN and 19 others like this.
post #6 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-09-2019, 09:19 AM

My heart would be heavy too if something I love was murdered by the government. What a crying shame. Oh the social injustice! Take a few days to grieve.

What can we bicker about next?
Buckethead, Muzz, JasonN and 6 others like this.
post #7 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk yinzer View Post
What can we bicker about next?
Well, the anterless allocations should be released shortly... I think that's up next on the bickering agenda... unless it got bumped a slot by the FO changes...
post #8 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-09-2019, 09:31 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Really? People will STOP deer hunting because it opens Saturday NOT Monday? Maybe those people will be off set by those hunters who could not get Monday off. I love to hunt. I missed a few Monday openings because of work but it did not stop my tradition of hunting. I was not happy with the change to doe season years back. BUT I did not let it impact my "Tradition" of HUNTING. If you consider
quitting hunting because f what day of the week deer season starts I would ask what is your tradition?
post #9 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-09-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter58 View Post
Really? People will STOP deer hunting because it opens Saturday NOT Monday? Maybe those people will be off set by those hunters who could not get Monday off. I love to hunt. I missed a few Monday openings because of work but it did not stop my tradition of hunting. I was not happy with the change to doe season years back. BUT I did not let it impact my "Tradition" of HUNTING. If you consider
quitting hunting because f what day of the week deer season starts I would ask what is your tradition?
turn that directly around and say it to anyone who supported the Saturday change.
post #10 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-09-2019, 09:33 AM
The Man

I do feel bad for the camp owners out there with the Saturday opener getting final approval. It sucks for a lot of these guys for many reasons. There is no denying things will never be quite the same again for them. I also believe over time the wounds will heel. If I start going to camp for rifle my plan will be to take Friday off so we will have time to prepare.
It will be interesting to see the final results when the first season is under our belts. Are guys still going to be willing to travel ? Are the woods locally going to be more crowded ? How will it effect the buck harvest ? Maybe there won’t be any noticeable differences at all ? So many unknowns. Should be interesting.
Danesdad and nomad_archer like this.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in