R.I.P. Pennsylvania hunting tradition - Page 8 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 454Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2019, 08:13 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1969 View Post
Well guys me and my family's new tradition is Saturday opener in pa, then a Monday opener in Ohio so guess what it's a 150% win for us
Now THERE'S some guys making lemonade !!!!!
Buckethead and Danesdad like this.

demokraten saugen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2019, 08:16 PM
Frequent Contributor

Boo hoo, OP is upset...give him some time and his special place as snowflakes cannot handle change.

You could always find another hobby beside complaining.
Mussgrass likes this.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by browtine64 View Post
Exactly!

Traditions end, new ones begin. If this allows more people to be in the woods on opening day, I'm all for it. Also, I feel a major reason why the PGC did this was to put pressure on our legislators to allow Sunday hunting.

Put pressure on the legiscritters? That's funny.
Mike M. likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk yinzer View Post
My heart would be heavy too if something I love was murdered by the government. What a crying shame. Oh the social injustice! Take a few days to grieve.

What can we bicker about next?
inlines in the late season !! thats what i think will happen next to raise more money. adding inlines to the late season will sell more permits. the legiscritters need to give the PGC the fee increase they need or the changes will continue in an effort to raise money.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Old 04-09-2019, 08:47 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elk yinzer View Post
My heart would be heavy too if something I love was murdered by the government. What a crying shame. Oh the social injustice! Take a few days to grieve.

What can we bicker about next?
inlines in the late season !! thats what i think will happen next to raise more money. adding inlines to the late season will sell more permits. the legiscritters need to give the PGC the fee increase they need or the changes will continue in an effort to raise money.
that wound tick me off! They better not even consider it. I wasn’t for or against the Saturday opener. I haven’t hunted on opening day in probably a dozen years. As a public land hunter I was never going to use a vacation day on that day. If I have still have a tag come opening day I will definitely go out now.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:47 PM

I would have sooner had 5 weekdays added to the back of the season, than have a Saturday added to the front.
bigguy54 and pchunter1231 like this.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:27 PM
The Man

I'm going to sleep in.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:35 PM

At least we still have the "day of rest" following the opener so deer should be relaxed come Monday
Old 04-09-2019, 09:44 PM
The Man

I was against it if I would of had a vote as many of us gave reasons. However, im a Pa. hunter and will be in the woods regardless of the opening day. I do like the other item passed of longer flintlock season though. I just hope it wasent a political trade off and it was for better of the sportsman. Guess we will wait and see.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:48 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
I could care less what day it opens. I will be out there hunting.

What rankles me though is what I suspect to be the real reason it was changed. My bet is the change came because an important member of the House of Representatives wanted the change. He got his way instead of the high percentage of hunters who didn't want the change.

I suspect this was simply a trade off for a promise that the State Legislature would introduce legislation for a license fee increase if they approved a Saturday opening day. If they do get a license fee increase maybe it was a good trade. But, what if they still don't get the license increase?

I just hate seeing the Board of Commissioners being held hostage because they need to do things simply because they have to in order to get the funding needed to keep the agency going. But that is unfortunately the system we have here in Pennsylvania.

Dick Bodenhorn

Do you really see it that way? I never gave it thought at first until you commented. I hope the Pa. system isn't that bad to to trade offs with our Natural Resource's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in