R.I.P. Pennsylvania hunting tradition - Page 24 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 454Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #231 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIGHT POINT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAtradarcher View Post
The PGC isn't mandating that you have to hunt the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Those who want to conform to tradition can still keep their tradition and start on Monday. .

I've said this 100 times on these threads but Cscott1 and the doomsday gang still are clamoring....
once more form the top then?

You cannot keep a Monday opener tradition if the opener is not Monday.
bigguy54 and Nosaturdayopener like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:17 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post

Honest questions here; Why not? Why can't your Camp keep it's tradition?
post #233 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:24 PM

I see they closed a thread so I'll reply on this one. The guy started off by saying it was a "tiny minority" that was against the change. The vote was 5-3, the polls I saw were all basically 50-50, and I haven't talked to a single local guy who was for the change, so approx. 50% of the hunters and 3 of the board voting are a "tiny minority"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #234 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAtradarcher View Post
Quote:

Honest questions here; Why not? Why can't your Camp keep it's tradition?
you keep the Monday part you are not hunting the opener

To keep hunting the opener you have to give up the Monday part and for many , a lot of other things.
post #235 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:42 PM
New Arrival

Quote:

To keep hunting the opener you have to give up the Monday part and for many , a lot of other things.

Either way, hunt the opener or don't. Are you able to hunt the opener?

Just so you know, I looked back through your posts trying to find why you are opposed to the Saturday opener. I couldn't go back far enough to find your original thoughts. And also, the original Saturday thread was removed.

One thing, I did see you are 36 and pchunter is 40. You guys are way too young to be so grumpy. I say that as a grumpy (sometimes) 48 year old.
post #236 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussgrass View Post
Quote:

Either way, hunt the opener or don't. Are you able to hunt the opener?

Just so you know, I looked back through your posts trying to find why you are opposed to the Saturday opener. I couldn't go back far enough to find your original thoughts. And also, the original Saturday thread was removed.

One thing, I did see you are 36 and pchunter is 40. You guys are way too young to be so grumpy. I say that as a grumpy (sometimes) 48 year old.
it’s still up in the air at this point wether or not I can hunt Saturday. Monday would have been the same this year. I’m opposed for various reasons. Mostly because it is useless and unwanted by most hunters. Also Monday worked for 65-75% of hunters so there was no problem to fix. At this point the change is what it is and my main issue is the attitude of some of the “Pro-saturday” crowd who feel the need to degrade and disrespect everyone who tells how the change hurts them and their traditions. Oddly enough the ones who claim to have been neutral and unaffected by the change seem to be the worst for this. Those who truest benefit from the change are respectful for the most part.
Mussgrass likes this.
post #237 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:15 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
it’s still up in the air at this point wether or not I can hunt Saturday. Monday would have been the same this year. I’m opposed for various reasons. Mostly because it is useless and unwanted by most hunters. Also Monday worked for 65-75% of hunters so there was no problem to fix. At this point the change is what it is and my main issue is the attitude of some of the “Pro-saturday” crowd who feel the need to degrade and disrespect everyone who tells how the change hurts them and their traditions. Oddly enough the ones who claim to have been neutral and unaffected by the change seem to be the worst for this. Those who truest benefit from the change are respectful for the most part.

I am one who was neutral but I am looking forward to it.

I apologize if I am being degrading and disrespectful. I do not want to be that way.

Thanks for sharing and good luck!
post #238 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:32 PM
The Man

Question

Cscott1.....

Simple question....will you be hunting the November 30, 2019 deer opener ? YES OR NO ...
post #239 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussgrass View Post
Quote:

I am one who was neutral but I am looking forward to it.

I apologize if I am being degrading and disrespectful. I do not want to be that way.

Thanks for sharing and good luck!
you name is not one that comes to mind as a poor example. Good luck to you also.
Mussgrass likes this.
post #240 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbhnger10 View Post
Cscott1.....

Simple question....will you be hunting the November 30, 2019 deer opener ? YES OR NO ...
if I can, yes. At this time I’m not sure if I will be about to.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page