R.I.P. Pennsylvania hunting tradition - Page 21 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 454Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbhnger10 View Post
NOVEMBER 30, 2019 ..1/2 hour before sunrise..to 1/2 after sunset,,

The Day Hunting Died?

Potter County
Gods Country USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter Co. Joe View Post
The Day Hunting Died?
ONLY for some......I have a feeling alot of this is bluster & frustration and that these hunters will be at their traditional hunting stand that Saturday morning...just a guess!
post #203 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Frequent Contributor

If it puts more hunters in the woods on the first day......the deer will move more. It's the "IF" that will matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Frequent Contributor

They've run the rest of deer hunting in PA off the rails, so it's no surprise they continue to destroy the experience in any way possible.
post #205 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
If it puts more hunters in the woods on the first day......the deer will move more. It's the "IF" that will matter.
So if no one is in the woods, the deer don't move ?
Don't they call people pushing deer a deer drive ?
Part of the hunting experience which some have eluded is now dead is learning the patterns, habitat, escape routes and surrounding of the quarry that you are hunting....
If you need others to push deer to you, wouldn't you call that "waiting" instead of hunting....
bohunr likes this.

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
post #206 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:59 PM

i am an ambush hunter. i know where the deer are going to run to when pressured and i try to get there before they do. when the orange army enters the woods i have already been in place way before them. i dress in layers and wait for the others to get cold, move around, start drives and send the deer to me.

works every year.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #207 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The change really doesn't effect me but as I get older I try to be as positive as I can and try to figure out alternatives in situations I'm not to happy about. .
I don't have time to dwell on the negatives, time goes by so fast as you age.
I just hope everyone can work out a way to make the new change work for them.
I'm sure this isn't the last unpopular change we'll see.
We will always have the tradition of Hunting, but the one thing we mustn't do is throw in the towel.
bohunr, OAWC, huntr4477 and 1 others like this.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #208 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIGHT POINT View Post
So if no one is in the woods, the deer don't move ?
Don't they call people pushing deer a deer drive ?
Part of the hunting experience which some have eluded is now dead is learning the patterns, habitat, escape routes and surrounding of the quarry that you are hunting....
If you need others to push deer to you, wouldn't you call that "waiting" instead of hunting....
Now you're dealing in semantics.

When I grunt one in to me and I hunting or waiting? How about the two I killed when I rattled 'em in? Is that hunting or waiting?

You twisted my post.

Hunters will push deer or move deer just walking. As someone stated above......it's important to know their escape routes when such events occur.
post #209 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:

When I grunt one in to me and I hunting or waiting? How about the two I killed when I rattled 'em in? Is that hunting or waiting?

You twisted my post.

Hunters will push deer or move deer just walking. As someone stated above......it's important to know their escape routes when such events occur.

Because the underlying reason some are against the Saturday opener is because they fear they will not get a deer on Monday.
They hide behind "tradition" but down deep, they don't want someone else in the woods before them.
If you are relying on other people to push deer to you and it is not an organized deer drive then you are not hunting IMO.....
There is no tactics involved if you are simply sitting in a spot in the woods and hoping someone pushes a deer past you....and now your upset because that may occur on Saturday rather than Monday...
If you are using preseason scouting or prior years experience to post yourself on known trails it won't matter if you are hunting on Saturday or Monday.. Believe it or not, more than one deer use the same trails....

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
post #210 of 304 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIGHT POINT View Post
Quote:

You twisted my post.

Because the underlying reason some are against the Saturday opener is because they fear they will not get a deer on Monday.
They hide behind "tradition" but down deep, they don't want someone else in the woods before them.
If you are relying on other people to push deer to you and it is not an organized deer drive then you are not hunting IMO.....
There is no tactics involved if you are simply sitting in a spot in the woods and hoping someone pushes a deer past you....and now your upset because that may occur on Saturday rather than Monday...
If you are using preseason scouting or prior years experience to post yourself on known trails it won't matter if you are hunting on Saturday or Monday.. Believe it or not, more than one deer use the same trails....
how many time do you have to be told that not true.

You should really write a book, you an expert on everything. How and when people should practice their own traditions, how and when to use their camps, how to hunt, and to top it off now you’re a physiologist!
Steeltrap likes this.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page