R.I.P. Pennsylvania hunting tradition - Page 11 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 449Likes
Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-10-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter Co. Joe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
With their vote this morning the board of commissioners has murdered over 60 years of deer hunting tradition in Pennsylvania. This move in my opinion proves either that they have lost all touch with what is really in the hearts and minds of Pennsylvania hunters and what is truly best or that they are merely puppets and we’re cold to do this. Either way things do not look good. Of course most who wanted the Monday opener will move on and continue hunting but there will be some possibly many who were only continuing to hunt because they strongly valued the traditions of they had spent their whole life practicing this will end that for them.
I started to cry after reading your post[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/images/smilies/jestera.gif[/IMG] You would think the Deer season was closed instead of the opening day being changed. Really Now !
Like I said I'd like to see everyone that's going to quit Hunting now due to this change post now saying it.
Let's see how many there are. We still have a Tradition just a little different then it was.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/images/Huntingpa_toucan/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
good for you. Not everyone’s tradition is that flexible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-10-2019, 01:29 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
you know what youíre right, itís nothing special. In fact itís got me thinking...

Every year my buddy throws a big super bowl party. I think this year he should wait until the following Saturday. That way guys can stay the whole time not come and go to and from other parties. People wonít have to hold back since most wont have to get up for work Monday. We could watch highlights of the game and YouTube compilations of the commercials. We can invite the same people and have the same food. There would be no difference at all!
Lol, keeping on with the false-equivalencies... comparing a 13 day season to a 3.5 hour event... ok bud.
But thanks for equating the value of the partying between the two... very telling.
post #103 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-10-2019, 01:43 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter58 View Post
Really? People will STOP deer hunting because it opens Saturday NOT Monday? Maybe those people will be off set by those hunters who could not get Monday off. I love to hunt. I missed a few Monday openings because of work but it did not stop my tradition of hunting. I was not happy with the change to doe season years back. BUT I did not let it impact my "Tradition" of HUNTING. If you consider
quitting hunting because f what day of the week deer season starts I would ask what is your tradition?
If people stop hunting because of a rule change or what day of the week Rifle starts, they were NOT REAL HUNTERS to begin with! Sorry if you are hurt by this statement, but it's true. I don't care what they change, I'm hunting because I love it, cut and dry.

Stop the whining about change and JUST HUNT!
JasonN, Marcus99 and Mussgrass like this.

Previously JJ5C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-10-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Lol, keeping on with the false-equivalencies... comparing a 13 day season to a 3.5 hour event... ok bud.
But thanks for equating the value of the partying between the two... very telling.
Give him a break! He had been beating the same dead horse for over a month now. At least he came up with something new.

Good luck, Tony
limbhnger10 likes this.
post #105 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-10-2019, 02:03 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

In need of counseling ? call 1-HUNTMONDAY
JasonN and limbhnger10 like this.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #106 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

You can still have your tradition of a Monday opener. Just don't hunt Saturday. Me I have no problem with an extra day to hunt.
dchunter likes this.
post #107 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-10-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony300wby View Post
Quote:
Give him a break! He had been beating the same dead horse for over a month now. At least he came up with something new.

Good luck, Tony
I’m surprised you could read it and remember what I posted.
post #108 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-10-2019, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
you know what you’re right, it’s nothing special. In fact it’s got me thinking...

Every year my buddy throws a big super bowl party. I think this year he should wait until the following Saturday. That way guys can stay the whole time not come and go to and from other parties. People won’t have to hold back since most wont have to get up for work Monday. We could watch highlights of the game and YouTube compilations of the commercials. We can invite the same people and have the same food. There would be no difference at all!
it’s anothwr fine analogy. The party wouldn’t be the same without the game and the traditions aren’t the same without the opener.

I’m sorry this concept is over your head. Really I am I honestly thought you were fairly intelligent.
post #109 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
itís anothwr fine analogy. The party wouldnít be the same without the game and the traditions arenít the same without the opener.

Iím sorry this concept is over your head. Really I am I honestly thought you were fairly intelligent.

A more equivalent analogy would be if the SuperBowl was a best of 25 game series, where one team had to win 13 games, and you missed the 1st game...
JasonN likes this.
post #110 of 304 (permalink) Unread 04-10-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
it’s anothwr fine analogy. The party wouldn’t be the same without the game and the traditions aren’t the same without the opener.

I’m sorry this concept is over your head. Really I am I honestly thought you were fairly intelligent.

A more equivalent analogy would be if the SuperBowl was a best of 25 game series, where one team had to win 13 games, and you missed the 1st game...
once again no. The opener and the traditions that are involved within are a 1 time a year thing. If that one time is Saturday it is not Monday. No opening day tradition can stand unchanged if the opener changes.

It’s petty basic.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in