When semi automatic rifle bill passes - Page 23 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 241Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #221 of 352 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
I’m not getting into a “facts” debate since NEITHER side has ANY.

There is no reason to feel that way unless you are a spray and pray shooter. If you are not then no one is concerned about you.
Fact is, I've spent the last two days hunting in similar terrain to PA, with a similar hunter density, where semi automatic rifles are permitted. I've listened to alot of shooting. None of what you are predicting is happening.

For the record, although semi automatic rifles are legal, I've always used a bolt action in NY. I'm far from a spray and pray hunter.

Above are all facts. Do you have any?
bohunr, DMG and Tony300wby like this.

Lake Effect Beagles
Remmy/Winnie/Queenie/Nellie/Dewey/YooHoo/Shoog
V.P. Presque Isle Beagle club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 352 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run2Catch View Post

For the record, although semi automatic rifles are legal, I've always used a bolt action in NY. I'm far from a spray and pray hunter.

?
I have brought this up before and it is usually ignored. In states were semiauto rifles are legal, most hunters still opt for other action types. Just cause they are legal doesn't mean that they will be prevalent in the deer woods. I have buddy that hunts in the semiauto zone in Michigan and he estimates about 10-15% hunt with them for deer.

Since you hunt NY, do most hunters there hunt with actions types others than semiauto, in your experience?
DMG likes this.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #223 of 352 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 12:10 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeG52 View Post
I believe he is talking about the bill to ban 'assault weapons' in PA.
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=194
The leftists, especially the ones from the Philly area introduce these bills every year. Keep contacting your reps and senators and tell them in no uncertain terms to vote NO on any anti-gun bill.

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 352 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
I’m not getting into a “facts” debate since NEITHER side has ANY.

There is no reason to feel that way unless you are a spray and pray shooter. If you are not then no one is concerned about you.
Fact is, I've spent the last two days hunting in similar terrain to PA, with a similar hunter density, where semi automatic rifles are permitted. I've listened to alot of shooting. None of what you are predicting is happening.

you have personal observations. I’ve been told many times they mean nothing.

You opted to use a bolt, fine. You say you don’t spray and pray, I have no reason to doubt that. Do you think those with a spray and pray mentality will opt for a bolt/ pump/ lever or something they can shoot faster with less practice?
post #225 of 352 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 01:02 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Hopefully that bill will never pass for big game in Pa.
post #226 of 352 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
I have brought this up before and it is usually ignored. In states were semiauto rifles are legal, most hunters still opt for other action types. Just cause they are legal doesn't mean that they will be prevalent in the deer woods. I have buddy that hunts in the semiauto zone in Michigan and he estimates about 10-15% hunt with them for deer.

Since you hunt NY, do most hunters there hunt with actions types others than semiauto, in your experience?
I hunt private property almost exclusively and do not run into other hunters as a rule. I don't know what they are hunting with

Lake Effect Beagles
post #227 of 352 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:

you forgot the major part of the argument against SA rifles. people in other states are safer than the hunters in PA. i dont buy into it, but thats what some on this site say.
DMG and Tony300wby like this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #228 of 352 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
you forgot the major part of the argument against SA rifles. people in other states are safer than the hunters in PA. i dont buy into it, but thats what some on this site say.
Sorry, I forgot. As soon as one drives down RT 430 from Findley Lake into Greenfield twp, they forget how to handle a firearm. Thanks for clearing that up.
bohunr likes this.

Lake Effect Beagles
post #229 of 352 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:

Your experience/observations do not surprise me at all. All one has to do is read the NYS hunting incident reports to educate themselves with the facts on the subject. I reviewed the big game incident reports going back multiple years and could not find a single indecent that was attributed to SA and/or spray and pray. As a matter of fact a very common phrase used in the reports was "one round was discharged".

Good luck, Tony
post #230 of 352 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken66 View Post
Hopefully that bill will never pass for big game in Pa.

it already passed. just need the PGC to allow it.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page