Buck Slaughter - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By whil e kioti

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Buck Slaughter

I don't know what motivates some , but last week in Lycoming County a 40 year old guy was arrested for sneaking on an 800 acre private commercial hunting preserve at night and shooting 12 bucks total on two separate occasions in the fall of 2017. The heads were cut off leaving the meat to rot. The antlers were then either sold or mounted for display. The value of the bucks killed was $138,000. I know this operation has produced non-typicals over 340 inches. Big buck bucks.

It's a shame those animals were slaughtered for inches of antlers, something that motivates a small percentage of hunters, and will drive some to unspeakable acts. It has gotten to the point where if I see a hunter with a true trophy animal, unless I was actually there when it was shot, I always have some doubt as to if it were really a wild whitetail or shot in a canned hunt. Or maybe the head was simply bought and paid for.

Well, thank Heavens that is not the majority of us. In fact a very small percentage. But it does sicken me to know that sort of thing is going on. Both things - the senseless killing of animals and guys going on canned hunts and passing them off as fairchase kills.

Last edited by simoncool; 08-24-2018 at 12:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 04:35 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Glad he was caught.

I prefer my kid hunt and fish rather than steal and deal,

Last edited by BCozhunter; 08-24-2018 at 05:23 AM. Reason: You are correct, the rest of the comment is for another thread.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 06:25 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncool View Post
Well, thank Heavens that is not the majority of us. In fact a very small percentage. But it does sicken me to know that sort of thing is going on. Both things - the senseless killing of animals and guys going on canned hunts and passing them off as fairchase kills.
IMO...these people don't belong with the rest of "us"...what they did/do has nothing to do with fair chase hunting.
Dogface likes this.

Only fools fight in a burning house...Day of the dove

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page