i'm glad we don't bait in most of your counties of Pa? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 146Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
The Man

i'm glad we don't bait in most of your counties of Pa?

Once was told by a guide that a certain deer hunts shot on the TV.. They bait the deer with sweets...I don't even enjoy all those outdoor shows if they do that for the camera.. Recently saw a show that the guy said that if you want a good deer attractant to use a certain candy.. place it in the oven let it melt and then pull it out and let it hardened.. If I was a warden in Pa I'd throw the book at people that baited deer...
CritterBuster, Pahack and JJ4D like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 12:35 PM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

In the special regs counties, where baiting is allowed, nice bucks don't come to bait sites. The TV guys get booners to come to bait during daylight hours? They must be half tame.
SRA-5C+ likes this.
post #3 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:39 PM

thats why i wont watch Ted Nugent and his canned hunts or any of the other shows that bait.
GobbleBuck likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
The Man

They probably all bait on the deer hunting shows. You sit there and say wish It was me and it's all --. I don't even want to say what candy and stuff they bait with.
post #5 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 06:06 AM
Part of the Community

Friend of mine from WV once told me he used Fruit loops, (wv allowed to bait ) I asked him if that made him a cereal poacher
Walmart, Dicks, sportsmans warehouse shelves are loaded with bait , were do you think it goes every yr?
jimbridger, bohunr and Asajoe1 like this.
post #6 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 01:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle buck View Post
Once was told by a guide that a certain deer hunts shot on the TV.. They bait the deer with sweets...I don't even enjoy all those outdoor shows if they do that for the camera.. Recently saw a show that the guy said that if you want a good deer attractant to use a certain candy.. place it in the oven let it melt and then pull it out and let it hardened.. If I was a warden in Pa I'd throw the book at people that baited deer...
To me Baiting is another method of Poaching and in Pa. we don't throw the book at poachers,
I think the fines are way to soft and not enough of a deterrent.
GobbleBuck likes this.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #7 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 03:16 AM

When I lived in Louisiana from 2001 -2005, baiting was acceptable there. Everyone had feeders and hunted over them. I was shocked, like in a horror movie. I got access to a property right across the street from my house. Once I put up a 2 ladder stands, and started hanging out over there, I realized why feeders were used. You only saw deer if you had one. Well, I proved them wrong when I shot a decent 8 point in archery season in 2001. No feeder, just solid scouting. This property only had deer activity in the PM but had hog activity all day. That was the only year I bow hunted. I spent the next three years killing pigs for farmers with the rifle. It was so hot, that you hunted in shorts and a tank top with a full bug suit. Even though I successfully killed a deer without bait, I can see why they do down there. Then gun season, they run dogs. Shoot at running deer with semi auto 270's and 308's. Definitely NOT MY SCENE. They hunt from the road and have homemade elevated chairs in their pickup beds! Firearm safety goes right out the window when that season hits. Even though bait is allowed in this country, I hope PA never allows it... keep woodsmanship alive!
post #8 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 07:50 AM

planting food plots is a form of baiting. its placing food where it doesnt naturally occur in order to kill deer.

i have hunted in South Carolina over feeders for deer and hogs, its not all that easy.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #9 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 08:26 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOL View Post
In the special regs counties, where baiting is allowed, nice bucks don't come to bait sites. The TV guys get booners to come to bait during daylight hours? They must be half tame.
Just no pressure on them. Hundreds to thousands of acres of private land.
post #10 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 08:49 AM
Frequent Contributor

Some plant food plots, others plant the corn on top of leaves. Just bad farmers I guess. Or maybe they can't afford a tractor?
jimbridger and Decktech like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page