Hunting in Ohio - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fallair
  • 1 Post By Tuna_
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Camden NY, 2D, 2B, 1B
Posts: 1,049
Back To Top
Hunting in Ohio

So I got hit for mandatory training in Dayton, Ohio October 29th-Nov 16th...right in the middle of my PA "rutcation", annual leave trip. I've never hunted Ohio before, but I was wondering if anyone had a lead on anywhere to hunt out near that area? Surely a long-shot, but I figured I would throw it out there. Uncle Sam strikes again...

"The good that men do live on long after they're gone"
USAF AD 2006-Til they make me leave.
2B and 2D
Fallair is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 03:58 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
GobbleBuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clearfield County Pa - 2E, 2G
Posts: 2,948
Back To Top
I cant help you on the where to hunt portions, but if it makes you feel any better:




I have training in Virginia from October 27- November 18.

Never underestimate pride; it can be a Man's greatest strength or his worst enemy


Never Forget.
GobbleBuck is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Part of the Community
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Erie
Posts: 119
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by GobbleBuck View Post
I cant help you on the where to hunt portions, but if it makes you feel any better:




I have training in Virginia from October 27- November 18.
i'd quit my job!

fallair thank you for your service!
Hunter6582 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Camden NY, 2D, 2B, 1B
Posts: 1,049
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by GobbleBuck View Post
I cant help you on the where to hunt portions, but if it makes you feel any better:




I have training in Virginia from October 27- November 18.



I guess we're in this together lol.
GobbleBuck likes this.

"The good that men do live on long after they're gone"
USAF AD 2006-Til they make me leave.
2B and 2D
Fallair is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Camden NY, 2D, 2B, 1B
Posts: 1,049
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter6582 View Post
i'd quit my job!

fallair thank you for your service!

Haha...I wish it worked like that. Thank you Sir.

"The good that men do live on long after they're gone"
USAF AD 2006-Til they make me leave.
2B and 2D
Fallair is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 12:02 AM
Frequent Contributor
 
Tuna_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: 3D/5C Line
Posts: 502
Back To Top
I won't point you to any specific piece of land, but head SE out of Dayton and find some public land. Do a bit of scouting and Hunt the benches below the ridge tops during good weather days and you should get into some action. I've been hunting OH public the last two years, and have been very happy with the experience. Big woods, rough logging terrain, different county than PA. Last year I was lucky enough to drop a respectable 120+ 20" spread 8 pointer hunting a cruising bench. Give it a shot, at the worst you'll see some new hunting spots and scout for another time.
Fallair likes this.
Tuna_ is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Camden NY, 2D, 2B, 1B
Posts: 1,049
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna_ View Post
I won't point you to any specific piece of land, but head SE out of Dayton and find some public land. Do a bit of scouting and Hunt the benches below the ridge tops during good weather days and you should get into some action. I've been hunting OH public the last two years, and have been very happy with the experience. Big woods, rough logging terrain, different county than PA. Last year I was lucky enough to drop a respectable 120+ 20" spread 8 pointer hunting a cruising bench. Give it a shot, at the worst you'll see some new hunting spots and scout for another time.

Thanks for the info. I was looking that direction at a larger piece of public land, well two that are right next to each other. Also looking in the Muskingum Co. area as well.

"The good that men do live on long after they're gone"
USAF AD 2006-Til they make me leave.
2B and 2D
Fallair is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 03:09 PM
Part of the Community
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ANF
Posts: 152
Back To Top
How far are you willing to travel? Will you be staying for the weekends or just hunting on evening weekdays? I live in Columbus and can point you in the right direction depending on how far you are willing to travel. I don't know much about that area but do know about Columbus area and areas north, east and south of Columbus which is about an hour drive from Dayton.

ski
ski1559 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Camden NY, 2D, 2B, 1B
Posts: 1,049
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski1559 View Post
How far are you willing to travel? Will you be staying for the weekends or just hunting on evening weekdays? I live in Columbus and can point you in the right direction depending on how far you are willing to travel. I don't know much about that area but do know about Columbus area and areas north, east and south of Columbus which is about an hour drive from Dayton.

ski

I'm willing to travel up to a couple hours. I planned on driving all the way up to Zanesville from Dayton once I got done with class on Fridays and just sleep in my truck through the weekend and hunt.

"The good that men do live on long after they're gone"
USAF AD 2006-Til they make me leave.
2B and 2D
Fallair is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 04:14 PM
Part of the Community
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ANF
Posts: 152
Back To Top
Sending you message.
ski1559 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome