Second day of first round of unsold Doe tags and 2G still has 3,130
not sure if I've ever seen this.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 08:46 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The people who couldn't get 2G tags in years prior when they were scarce have found other hunting grounds and are not interested in coming back now that tags are available.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 08:46 AM

Mass exodus of camp hunters?

They all moved to 2F?

I don't get it either....that used to be a no-go for even non-res tags being available and now it seems if you want two it's not an issue. I'm sure they're sell out this round, but it's trending towards getting three if you want them if this keeps up!

I wish 2F would go that way....I could stand to have a couple of those!
Buckskin Dave likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 08:57 AM

Maybe the extra DMAP tags in parts of 2G affected sales in the 2nd round. The area I hunt in Sproul SF had the number of tags doubled this year.
shouldvbeenthere likes this.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 09:06 AM

I think the allocation was increased by 4500 this year plus there are more DMAP areas than i can remember. If the doe allocation was the same as last year, 2G would be sold out right now.

4B
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
I think the allocation was increased by 4500 this year plus there are more DMAP areas than i can remember. If the doe allocation was the same as last year, 2G would be sold out right now.
That's it exactly. The 2G sales are right in line with what they had been last year at this time. If the allocation had not increased 2G would have sold out yesterday. last year it sold out on the first day of the second round and would have done the same this year but for the allocation increase.

The other factor is that 2G has enough DMAP's, that become available to non-residents at the same time residents can get them and can be used the first week of the season to take an antlerless deer, so many non-residents get two of the DMAP permits and don't even bother applying for an antlerless license since they can't be used until the first Saturday or the second week.

Dick Bodenhorn
bigguy54 likes this.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
It was increased by 4500 but regardless in years past I would have never even considered applying
for a second tag simply because they would be sold out by then.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
so many non-residents get two of the DMAP permits and don't even bother applying for an antlerless license since they can't be used until the first Saturday or the second week.

If my cypherin' is correct. Those 2 Non-Res DMAP tags are like a $75 bill ?
bigguy54 likes this.

2A-Wash. Co.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleroo View Post
If my cypherin' is correct. Those 2 Non-Res DMAP tags are like a $75 bill ?
Yes your cyphering is correct, but they still take full advantage of them.

To help put the 2G sale in perspective I am going to post the history of the allocations and sales for the unit.

Year...…………..allocation...……………….when sold out

2011...…………..23,000...………………….First Friday available and before non-residents could apply

2012...…………..33,000...………………...Wednesday after the first round of unsold went on sale

2013...…………..28,000...………………...Tuesday after the first round of unsold went on sale

2014...…………..22,000...………………...Second Wednesday but before non-residents could apply

2015...…………..22,000...………………...Second Tuesday but before non-residents could apply

2016...…………..21,000...………………...Second Monday which was first day of Non-resident applications

2017...…………..25,500...………………….Monday when the first round of unsold went on sale

2018...…………..30,000...………………...Will likely sell out on either Tuesday or Wednesday of the first week first round of unsold are on sale

When you look at the allocations and the sales time frames this year's 2G sales are right where one would expect them to be base on past sales history.

Dick Bodenhorn
bigguy54 likes this.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter Co. Joe View Post
It was increased by 4500 but regardless in years past I would have never even considered applying
for a second tag simply because they would be sold out by then.
I think RSB is right and NR are buying more DMAPS to use the first week. I usually get a few DMAPs to keep my options open. If i get a buck in archery, the DMAP still gives me an excuse to go to Potter in Rifle. Good luck this year
bigguy54 and Potter Co. Joe like this.

4B

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page