Hunter Access Program property posted? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Hunter Access Program property posted?

I have a farm next too me that I just saw on the PGC website is listed in the hunter access program with no restrictions. I've lived here for a little over 2 years and it's been posted solid with bright new signs since I moved in. There was an issue with a neighbor and it was closed since. How can that be? What benefits are they receiving for being enrolled? I am going to stop in and ask permission just too see what happens. I don't want to be a jerk to our neighbor but this seems wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 10:12 AM
Sage

They get the Gamenews and free seedlings if they request some from Howard nursery... That's about it...

wmu 3A
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 10:17 AM
Sage

And pheasant stockings if they have cover.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 10:54 AM

I thought the pheasant stockings were phased out after the farming system was reorganized?

Da hawk ate my baby!!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Sage

Nope, they still stock pheasants. It would be an even harder sell for a pheasant stamp if they didn't provide them for the hunters. The WCOs and deputies don't stock anymore it is all done by the food and cover Corps of course that could change.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 11:55 AM

where did I imply they stopped stocking pheasants??
I was referring to hunter access properties....

it was my understanding that when the reorganized the pheasant stocking program ,they eliminated the chick distribution program to the public and condensed the stocking program to SGL ,SP, SF

Da hawk ate my baby!!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Sage

You didn't imply it, you said it! "I thought the pheasant stockings were phased out after the farming system was reorganized"? Either that or you were talking about phasing out putting socks on pheasants I have no idea what you are talking about with reorganizing the farming system.

Last edited by Woods walker; 07-22-2018 at 03:36 PM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 04:15 PM

They greatly reduced the number of pheasants being stocked on public access properties but I don't believe it was completely eliminated in all counties. Some counties don't have enough suitable habitat on the public lands so I think they did keep a few public access areas in the pheasant stocking program.

As for the original question I suspect that no one in the Game Commission is aware that the property enrolled in the public access program has been posted. Once they become aware of it I would expect the posted signs will either come down of the property will be removed from the program. Sometimes it takes a few years for that to get all sorted out.

Dick Bodenhorn
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 04:21 PM
Sage

buckkiller, call the regional office responsible for where you live and report the property.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
You didn't imply it, you said it! "I thought the pheasant stockings were phased out after the farming system was reorganized"? Either that or you were talking about phasing out putting socks on pheasants I have no idea what you are talking about with reorganizing the farming system.
WW,stop making things up for the sake of an argument.

Da hawk ate my baby!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page