I'm coming to hate the process - Page 52 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 440Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #511 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 09:27 AM

units haven't sold out because thousands of people couldnt follow the complicated directions and got rejected or the employees at the CT offices have not done their jobs correctly. there are thousands of unopened pink envelopes still sitting in those offices in USPS mail bags....go look.

or we have a huge drop off in hunters, or we have a huge number that believe HR efforts have gone to far and refuse to buy a doe tag, or we have a huge number that refuse to buy a tag to fund the PGC until they get what they want or.......

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer

Last edited by bohunr; 07-14-2018 at 09:27 AM. Reason: being sarcastic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
units haven't sold out because thousands of people couldnt follow the complicated directions and got rejected or the employees at the CT offices have not done their jobs correctly. there are thousands of unopened pink envelopes still sitting in those offices in USPS mail bags....go look.

or we have a huge drop off in hunters, or we have a huge number that believe HR efforts have gone to far and refuse to buy a doe tag, or we have a huge number that refuse to buy a tag to fund the PGC until they get what they want or.......

[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
the sad part is that everyone of those is true to some extent
Danesdad likes this.
post #513 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 09:46 AM
The Man

Just got around to sending mine out for 2D yesterday. Not overly concerned with not being rewarded. Last I checked there were still 40,000 still available. Would like to get one for 2C on the second go around.
While I do feel there could be a better way to distribute doe tags itís not all that big of a deal to me. Itís just a matter of getting around to doing it. At times you could call me a procrastinator.
Supposed to be caulking one of our bathrooms right now but instead I am on HPA. Lol
bohunr and Danesdad like this.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stlight View Post
No WMU sold out during 1st week. A POS system should be used....come-on legislature.
Actually the week isn't over yet. There are antlerless being processed right now and there will be more processed yet tomorrow. There is still a possibility that 2F and 2H are going to be out before the non-resident applications are accepted. In all honesty though I expect that the non-residents and late residents still sending in will get a handful or so of 2F and 2H license yet in the first few minutes of Monday morning.

Dick Bodenhorn
post #515 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeG52 View Post
Not if the lottery is done the way New York does it.

Order of Selection
  1. Landowners and Disabled Veterans
  2. NYS Residents and Nonresidents with 3 or more preference points.
  3. Residents with 2 preference points.
  4. Residents with 1 preference points.
  5. Residents with 0 preference points.
  6. Non-Residents with 2 preference points.
  7. Non-Residents with 1 preference points.
  8. Non-Residents with 0 preference points.

Read about their procedure here, it works very well...
https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/6403.html

Others have said anyone, residents and non-residents alike, can get their antlerless license through point of sale on day one. So, if that is true then it is still a lottery where a resident could be denied on the same day, even the first day of sales, that a non-resident is being awarded a license for the same unit.

If that isn't the case then it is not a lottery at all and just a computerized first come first serve system much the same as the system we already have in Pennsylvania right now.

Dick Bodenhorn
bohunr likes this.
post #516 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 10:22 AM

I think one reason 2F didn't sell out is because of the expansion of DMA 3 and adding another 2200 DMAPs to 2F. I know a bunch of guys buying the DMA 3 DMAPs instead of 2F doe licenses because they can use them on the opening day of gun season instead of waiting until the first Saturday.
post #517 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
Others have said anyone, residents and non-residents alike, can get their antlerless license through point of sale on day one. So, if that is true then it is still a lottery where a resident could be denied on the same day, even the first day of sales, that a non-resident is being awarded a license for the same unit.

If that isn't the case then it is not a lottery at all and just a computerized first come first serve system much the same as the system we already have in Pennsylvania right now.

Dick Bodenhorn
That is true, but it would eliminate inefficiencies of the CTs and the USPS. So it would still be an improvement.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #518 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 01:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

My only complaint with the current process is the early submission date for doe licenses. Don't misunderstand me, whether it's July or August...even September makes no difference to me. In fact, the earlier the better in my opinion. If I were a betting man I'd say the amount of mistakes decreases as the amount of time the county treasurer has to process the tags increases. My problem with the submission dates is the early start to the whining and complaining compared to years past. It used to be all you had to make it through was September then everyone would be preoccupied with the start of the season, including myself. NOW, we have the majority of the summer to listen to the same gripes. The same people have the same issues year in and year out. From the time doe tag applications get mailed until the end of muzzleloader season, every year. Too many guys, not enough guys,not enough deer, nobodys moving deer, nobody's sitting still, crossbows, people not being good enough shots with vertical bows, not enough gun, too much gun, private land, public land, point restrictions, illegal bucks,...and the list goes on and on...if you can't put forth the effort to fill out an envelope, an application, a check, and put 2 stamps on it, then just stop. If you mess it up and.have problems every year...then just stop...it's not worth your aggrevation. It's not this hard people. And chances are if you have problems with the current system, you'll have problems with any system presented.
bigguy54, kudu58 and Tony300wby like this.

I believe in God, family and fair dealings.
post #519 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 01:49 PM

I agree BUBBA. I've been applying for a few years and I have never had a problem. It's pretty "simple", if you can follow the instructions...
post #520 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 02:01 PM

Seriously guys read the posts. Most don’t take issue with the actual filling out of the application, just the fact that it is outdated, unnecessary, uneven, and involves the county treasures for no good reason other than that is the way it was done in the past.

Yes it works but it’s obsolete at best
JasonN and Danesdad like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page