I'm coming to hate the process - Page 50 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 440Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #491 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
id also like to point out that since a lotto needs a cutoff as no unit sold out no resident who applied would have “lost” a first round lotto.
That is not the way it would work though with a lottery. With a lottery, just as there was with the elk drawing in the early years, there would be a percentage of the allocation set aside for non-residents. That means that in any unit that sells out before the second round there would be residents, selected at random and perhaps even the first one to apply, would be rejected while a non-resident a week or even two weeks later would get one.

I suspect it would actually end up being just like the elk drawing is now that residents and non-residents would have an equal shot at them. Of course more are going to go to residents though simply due to the demographics of way more residents allying.

But, the fact is there would be a lot more residents getting rejected for a license in the unit they want than what happens under the current system.

Dick Bodenhorn
with all due respect Dick, please explain why.

With the current system if a wmu sills our during the resident round then there are no tags for NR. So why change that? Actually if the NR drawing was delayed say one week from the resident that would give any NR hunters that prefer wmus that traditionally sell out to wait to enter and see if there were tags left. The same as we do now for the second round.

If we are trying to make the system better there is no reason to loose the parts of it that work. The online entry of the elk drawing is great, that doesn’t meant we must adopt e wet detain to the antlerless system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #492 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 07:00 PM

isnt that discriminatory to have NR apply after residents do ? i mean they buy their regular licenses at the same time, with good old American dollars and then get told WAIT...you cant apply now, come back later.

i think they should look into this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #493 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 07:01 PM

Amazing, another day gone by and some are still trying to sell the lottery. I like how it continually changes how it will be handled. One day its get your tag when you buy the license, another day its mailed to you, another day you have to go back and pick it up, one day it doesnt use a preference point system, another day it uses a preference point system, one day its a drawing, another day multiple drawings.

At this rate its just a matter of time until someone comes up with a system that actually works. Like mailing in a application and getting it mailed back to you. Just like its been done successfully tens of millions of times.

Good luck, Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #494 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 07:04 PM

it is a lottery, sort of. i mean all those envelopes get sorted and go into big mail bags and get delivered to 67 different county treasurers. who knows when yours will get picked.

it is a lottery, run by 67 county treasurers.

post #495 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Sage

Actually bohunr PA would not have to sell doe licenses to none residents. There are states that do not sell licenses to non residents for certain species where there are limited few licenses. No different than charging none residents more for a license than residents. Wildlife belongs to the state, not the country.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #496 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Wildlife belongs to the state, not the country.

Oh Yeah, then why cant i get reimbursed from the state when their deer hits my car ?

post #497 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony300wby View Post
Amazing, another day gone by and some are still trying to sell the lottery. I like how it continually changes how it will be handled. One day its get your tag when you buy the license, another day its mailed to you, another day you have to go back and pick it up, one day it doesnt use a preference point system, another day it uses a preference point system, one day its a drawing, another day multiple drawings.

At this rate its just a matter of time until someone comes up with a system that actually works. Like mailing in a application and getting it mailed back to you. Just like its been done successfully tens of millions of times.

Good luck, Tony
no tony it’s called adjustments. Again either be involved in the discussion or not. Also try reading the whole posts, you seem to lack in that department.
Danesdad likes this.
post #498 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony300wby View Post

Good luck, Tony
Probably tens of billions of phone calls were successfully made using rotary phones. Do you still have one? Why not?

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #499 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 08:24 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
Probably tens of billions of phone calls were successfully made using rotary phones. Do you still have one? Why not?
I was P.O.A. for my grandmother up until she passed. Until the day we had to put her in a home, she had a rotary phone in her house, as well as a skeleton key for the front door and a wishbone throw switch for the main electric breaker....just sayin'
Danesdad likes this.
post #500 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
Modern phone lines will no longer support rotary phones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page