I'm coming to hate the process - Page 48 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 440Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #471 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudu58 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
i think that is the weakest reason I’ve heard for keeping the current system. That’s even worse than “ why change you got your tag didn’t ya”
You're entitled to your opinion. It's just one more thing that we disagree on. IMO, the single biggest issue that will prevent the doe system from being changed will be the legislators voting upon something that will take money out of the pockets of the CT's.
ill agree that the legislators will be the biggest hang up.
Danesdad likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 12:10 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion. It's just one more thing that we disagree on. IMO, the single biggest issue that will prevent the doe system from being changed will be the legislators voting upon something that will take money out of the pockets of the CT's.
That's pretty much it in a Nutshell, $$$$

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #473 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 01:23 PM

Even being liberal on the capacity of the PALS system, 250,00 guys logging on at the same time to get a doe tag is a recipe for failure. They can not handle trout season without crashing. And ideas of a lottery for doe tags is not fair. If your not paying attention, and not on the day they go on sale, why should you get one because your just luckier than the guy who was prompt?

And not to be a conspiracy guy but would the guys who hate the process now will hate it then when they get shut out for a lottery pick. And like most things we do not control, it will spin out of our hands and into the hands of some form of control from PA government.

UBP Life Member
Chasing in Special Reg's Areas
Sunday Hunting Supporter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #474 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:26 PM
The Man

To address the found concern about the potential loss of revenue to the CT's that would cause other fees to raise, how many now buy all their licenses at the CT now out of the same concern? I'm guessing most don't give it any consideration. .
post #475 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRA-5C+ View Post
Even being liberal on the capacity of the PALS system, 250,00 guys logging on at the same time to get a doe tag is a recipe for failure. They can not handle trout season without crashing. And ideas of a lottery for doe tags is not fair. If your not paying attention, and not on the day they go on sale, why should you get one because your just luckier than the guy who was prompt?

And not to be a conspiracy guy but would the guys who hate the process now will hate it then when they get shut out for a lottery pick. And like most things we do not control, it will spin out of our hands and into the hands of some form of control from PA government.
I’ll admit overloading the system would cause problems. I just don’t know how big a concern that would be. I don’t think there would be that much “extra” load. Think of it this way, you have three weeks from license going on sale to “doe day”. To be certain that your app is processed before the nonresident round most buy it by Saturday at the latest. If the dates stayed the same there would not really be any more pressure than there is now.

But I thought those for the current system like the personal responsibility part. Send it to a good ct right?....well you can still have that responsibilit, get there earlier, beat the rush
OAWC likes this.
post #476 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 03:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Luckily for me I live in 2A so there is no process or rushing.

The older I get the better I was.
post #477 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
This is the sad truth. 50 pages of debate later and I would like to think all of us agree on this.
JasonN likes this.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #478 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa.Bone View Post
Luckily for me I live in 2A so there is no process or rushing.
This is 90% of why the current system seems to work. The sheer number of licenses available assures that almost everyone will get at least one, if not more. You'd really see the pitfalls of the current way if license allocations were low. Then we would go back to mostly people having connections getting their tags, then people whos return address has a zip code within the WMU. Or those who are friends with or related to the CT. You know, like it was in the seventies and eighties. These days, the massive number of tags available makes corruption unnecessary.
JasonN and OAWC like this.

post #479 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 03:34 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
This is the sad truth. 50 pages of debate later and I would like to think all of us agree on this.

And that would be an HPA first...
post #480 of 581 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, probably.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page