Antlerless Deer License Regulations
Landowner Antlerless Deer Licenses
Disabled Veteran Antlerless Deer Licenses
Armed Forces Antlerless Deer Licenses
Replacement Antlerless Deer Licenses
• If an application is not complete and/or proper remittance is
not enclosed, it will be rejected and returned to the applicant.
• Each antlerless deer license includes its own ear tag.
• Once obtained, a properly licensed hunter may use an antlerless
deer license in any season in which it is legal to harvest
an antlerless deer.
• Junior and Senior license holders, Disabled Person Permit (to
use a vehicle) holders and Pennsylvania residents serving on
active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces must have a valid antlerless
deer license or permit to participate in the Special Antlerless
Only Firearms season (Oct. 18-20).
• Archers must have a valid antlerless deer license or permit to
harvest an antlerless deer. Muzzleloader hunters must have
a valid antlerless deer license or permit to participate in the
antlerless-only muzzleloader deer season (Oct. 13-20).
• All hunters must have a valid antlerless deer license or
permit to harvest an antlerless deer. Exception: During the
after-Christmas flintlock season, a properly licensed flintlock
hunter may use his or her unused antlered tag to harvest
an antlerless deer anywhere in the state. A WMU-specific
antlerless license, or valid DMAP permit, is required for each
additional antlerless deer harvested.
• A person may apply for and receive no more than three antlerless
licenses in a license year (1 regular antlerless license
and 2 unsold antlerless licenses), with the exception of
WMUs 2B, 5C & 5D. Elsewhere in the state, obtaining more
than three licenses is against the law and carries a $100 fine.
• Applications will not be accepted by County Treasurers prior
to the start of the application period. Applications will be rejected
• Applications are limited to no more than three per envelope.
• Antlerless deer licenses are WMU-specific. An antlerless deer
license is valid only in the WMU for which it is issued. The use
or attempted use of an antlerless license in another WMU is a
violation of the law. County Treasurers may issue licenses for
any WMU, not just units within their county
When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!