DMAP Zones - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

DMAP Zones

Trying to find out the DMAP zone that's in the area I hunt ( just west of Kane, Pa. )... Depending on which website you go to, on one site it exists and is zone 2824, while the PGC website doesn't even shot a zone 2824 at all.... And then i'm also trying to find an actual map of the boundries for these dmap zones... Just seemks really complicated to me ! Guess i'll just have to go to Landvest on Monday and see what they have to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 05:17 AM
Frequent Contributor

Majik,
I found DMAP #2824 on the PGC site. I used the Mckean County map. It's ANF - 38,789 acres: 775 coupons approved.

BobB
WMU2F
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 06:53 AM
Frequent Contributor

A little more searching on the ANF site - I found a map.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd545808.pdf

BobB
WMU2F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Man View Post
Trying to find out the DMAP zone that's in the area I hunt ( just west of Kane, Pa. )... Depending on which website you go to, on one site it exists and is zone 2824, while the PGC website doesn't even shot a zone 2824 at all.... And then i'm also trying to find an actual map of the boundries for these dmap zones... Just seemks really complicated to me ! Guess i'll just have to go to Landvest on Monday and see what they have to say.
I think the property LandVest has been managing and DMAPing has been sold. I don't know for sure but I doubt they will have DMAP this year. That reminded me though that I need to call them to find out the status.

Dick Bodenhorn
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thank you BobB, I knew the Unit # but had no idea of it's limits, the map helps greatly!!!! Now i'll just need to buy myself a couple tags for it..... Ty
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 01:43 PM

Here are some links to Dmap properties:

https://www.nature.org/ourinitiative...nnsylvania.xml

Pennsylvania Game Commission - State Wildlife Managment Agency: DMAP Participating Properties

PA DCNR Map Viewer

The spirit of our day is a soft acceptance of everything—except deep conviction in anything.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Do DMAP areas often overlap eachother? Because the Area I have tags for also has another DMAP area within it.... James City falls within my Dmap area but also has it's own Dmap area as well.... Is this common?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 08:44 PM
The Man

I would not think so. There designed as a management tool and would not make sense to overlap. It can be tough to keep up with I thought I knew a lot until this year. In my area they divided the unit and does make sense. It actually goes thru my property so I have 2 dmap zones on my property with rt. 26 dividing it since I own property on both sides. It did give me a chance to have 4 tags for my property 2 for each zone. So I would not get confused I wrote on my dmap license ( cabin side ) the other one ( across the road ) this way I wont get confused on the numbers and use wrong tag.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 09:31 PM

I am assuming you are referring to Collins Pine properties. I don't know what properties they have included or how they are split up but yes they do have different DMAP units for their different pieces of property. So you could have two permits for each of several different pieces of pretty that are near one another. But, you probably need to research it to make sure you know exactly where each of the properties is located.

Dick Bodenhorn
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 10:46 PM
The Man

Dick
If you read my prior post of how my dmap was split in almost half making another unit. Im kind of thinking since one now has less tags then another if was kind of a wiser management reason and maybe they felt the CWD was getting better in the area to split it? Just a thought of reason.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page