I can't take it anymore!!!!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

I can't take it anymore!!!!!

This is going to be a touchy post, so just roll with it.....please. Just watched a "Jim Shockey's saved the world again" show. I know it's just a tv show........say.....like jersey shore? I know I'm a evil anti hunter trying to put down Jim's accomplishments. No! I was born in the Rockies, did 3 combat tours, and my father was a guide from New Mexico to Alaska. I'm just tired of tv personalities influencing the viewer watching. How many blue collar hunters do you know have every brand name sticker on their gear? I'm sorry, but i just had to rant......that so called master guide had to hire my dad to get him a goat. Sorry guys. Just a ptsd moment.
Muzz, bigguy54, Dogface and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 07:40 PM

lol. I totally get it. I pick them apart myself. my favorite was a big name personality shooting at a buck. the buck ducked like crazy and his arrow hit right under the ear. stone dead. He showed it over and over in slow mo. He planned the shot knowing it would duck and knowing he could not track it far because of property lines??????? Right

Didn't vote for the husband. Not voting for the wife. #Liars
post #3 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 07:47 PM

I don't watch any of the hunting shows because in my experience they are never really hunts. Didn't even recognize his name though I am pretty sure I have heard it before.

Dick Bodenhorn
DennyF, Born2Hunt, Asajoe1 and 8 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 07:48 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The stickers on the gear is no different than NASCAR. That's how those guys butter their bread. It always cracks me up how they try to nonchalantly mention the brand of products they use. Even Uncle Ted does it, only in typical Nugent style, he's not nonchalant about it. That makes it a little easier to swallow. I just take it for what it is, entertainment.
post #5 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 07:49 PM
The Man

No need to apologize. I can't stand Shockey anymore. He is a staunch liberal, and a staunch prima donna as well. The show that got me was when he went hunting in Iran of all places and spoke on the show of we should all be getting along. Umm....no....most of them probably hate us and for sure some of them are in ISIS, Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups who have struck the US. We shouldn't be "getting along" and you shouldn't be hunting there Jim. Sorry, I was done watching his show after that one.
bigguy54, Asajoe1, SRA-5C+ and 2 others like this.
post #6 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 08:15 PM

Its entertainment. Doesn't bother me in the least. Take it for what's its worth. You watch TV and they are commercials every 8 minutes. There are commercials on this message board.
bootmud likes this.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #7 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 08:20 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Not many good hunting shows on tv. The shows that drive me crazy are the ones where a hunter sits in a box blind with a total stranger guide and this guy tells him when to take the safety off, when to shoot and picks out the deer he has to shoot and calls it by name. Doesn't sound like much fun to me.
Asajoe1 and Uncle Johnny like this.

The older I get the better I was.
post #8 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 08:24 PM

Idkreider, Thank You for your service to our country.
post #9 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 08:25 PM

You want to talk about a total clown... Keith Warren hands down. Commander high fence himself. If a deer actually came to high outside of a high fence he would be scared of it.

Hey, Keith. I know you still read these threads. The challenge I laid down to you and your show still stands. Public land anywhere in Pa. You name the time and land. 3 days- Me versus you there pretty fence boy. (He banned me from his blog and email) could not stomach a real challenge that did not have anything to do with an animal from behind a fence. I bet you get smoked every time.

UBP Life Member
Chasing in Special Reg's Areas
Sunday Hunting Supporter.
post #10 of 98 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 08:31 PM

I watch very little of them .they are not worth the energy to change the channel to watch them . especially Tiffany and her fart app on her cell phone . she acts like a 2 year old kid. and like others said on here before , about them pushing their sponsors products every 30 seconds. enough said

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page