Ridley Creek shotgun hunt - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Ridley Creek shotgun hunt

Anyone ever get pulled for it? I got pulled for zone e... I am not sure what to expect with it...

Anyone else hunting it? Have you hunted it before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 04:01 PM
Banned

I used to have to work it. The Bucks Co WCO had her patrol vehicle window shot out with buckshot while we were parked next to her talking to her . The place needs to he hunted, but I wouldn't hunt there. That said, I never heard of anyone getting shot during the hunt.

Last edited by Woods walker; 11-26-2017 at 05:36 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Banned

I hunted it many many years ago twice, back when I lived in delco. It really wasn't that bad, at least from what remember. I got a doe out of there on one of the hunts. I do remember the game wardens patrolled quite often inside the park while the hunt was going on. They stopped and made me work the action on my shotgun to make sure I had it unloaded. I had it leaning up against the truck in that space between the cab and bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 05:52 PM
Banned

Riddley Creek was not nearly as bad to work as Tyler State park. The anti hunter demonstrators were there in large numbers outside the park, spitting on hunters vehicles as they were going into the park and trying to block the gate. Several got arrested. The PSP had their mounted patrol their trying to hold the idiots back. Back in the old days the PsP would have ridden over them, that is where the term hoofty comes from, those under the hooves of the PSP horses. One year they sneaked into the park after the hunting started and spread tar paper nails all over the parking lots, pound of them. A lot of hunters and several PGC and State park vehicles had multiple flat tires on their vehicles.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 07:56 AM
Frequent Contributor

I get drawn for Ridley every year, normally the second week. We are successful almost always. Seen some nice bucks come out of there too.

There is not a GOOD spot or a BAD spot in the park. Just hunt it like a rabbit hunt, not a deer hunt. Post up on edges of thickets or on hills overlooking. Let the others move deer toward you.

We will be there 1st week this year, this Thursday.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Yea...that is our plan.... we found some ok trails leading into some thick stuff on a hill....
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Frequent Contributor

Also, you can hunt any zone you want. Nobody checks. The zone you are assigned is a suggestion just to evenly disperse the hunters.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 03:49 PM
New Arrival

How/where do you enter the Ridley Creek shotgun lottery?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Part of the Community

How did everyone do this year? I participated in the second hunt today in zone 1. Didn't see anything and when I checked out the ranger indicated a very low harvest. They also said week 1 was low too. This was my first time. In the later morning/afternoon they had a bunch of drives going, but really didn't seem to be much going on around zone 1.

Elliot - you can get an application from the park office. this year I think applications were due oct 1 for the drawing, but check with the park for next year.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

I had to leave early on the first day. I saw 6 but they were too far to shoot. There was a good amount of shooting going on. My buddy hit a doe and couldn't find it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page