4Likes
  • 1 Post By willyp
  • 1 Post By joe8768
  • 1 Post By Chaos USMC
  • 1 Post By Shed Antler

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Going to be a nice day and here i sit ?

At 71 years old i will not go alone and my boys and Grandson are at my sons place hunting today. That's 125 miles from my home .
It is a good deer hunting area! So far they have taken 4 does and a Buck as of last Saturday . The oldest son lives there and over the years has a very good knowledge of the deer travel areas. 90% of it is public hunting grounds !
I just sit here and wait for them to check in on how the hunting is going and visualize their descriptions of their day .
I feel so gratified that 3 out of the 4 of them.[the 4th one is an in law] have inherited a great ability to be woodsmen and hunters !
7:30 am-My son sent me a pic of a 6 point standing looking at him on the ground? He has used his buck tag already !
9;30 am - son seen an 8pt. 3 does too far to shoot at.
And here i sit !
bohunr likes this.

WILLY P

Last edited by willyp; 10-28-2017 at 11:03 AM. Reason: sp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 02:40 PM

Sounds like You should be at your son's place with a x-bow or at least watching football with a frosty.
willyp likes this.

Life Member NRA
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 05:47 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Willyp, don't get it... You did not mention why you are sitting at home? Are you minding the home front or...?

Any chance you will be joining the rest of the klan for the hunt?

Be safe and be well.

Chaos USMC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

CHAOS, i am at home because i am retired and my income is limited. I can't go the 125 miles often on my budget. Also the cost of food . I know my sons would take care of me but i don't like feeling like a charity case.
That is just the way i am.

WILLY P
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 09:16 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

WillyP,

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps they are wondering why "Dad" is not there and thinking you must be under the weather or something similar. Not so sure I would consider this a charity case but more of a period of "challenges" that could use some assistance to join the boys for a few days. Not claiming to know your personal challenges but I would bet they would "want" to step up and get you out for the hunt, without ever thinking twice about it. Good luck and I wish you the best.

Chaos USMC
willyp likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 05:39 PM

i think a trip to visit your son is in order. if you still can drive, hop in the car and take off. if not, have someone take you. dont waste too much time waiting.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Hey WillyP - like the others, I'd encourage you to let your family know how you feel, I'll bet they'd bend over backwards to make sure you're there with them. They may think that the fire is out in your belly to be out there, and it doesn't sound like it. My Dad was in his mid-70's and used to say "I'm not going hunting this year, I don't want to hold you back" (I was only 30 years old at the time). I told him, having you with me in the woods means a lot more to me than getting a deer or pheasant, etc. He continued to go till the day he died, and we both cherished every day in the woods or on the stream together. Speak up, let him know your feelings.

Jay

Take an older friend hunting or fishing - they're the reason we do what we do!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 08:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyp View Post
CHAOS, i am at home because i am retired and my income is limited. I can't go the 125 miles often on my budget. Also the cost of food . I know my sons would take care of me but i don't like feeling like a charity case.
That is just the way i am.
I'm 48 and have a brother who is 54. Our Dad who will be 77 on Nov. 6 has not done anything with either of us for years. He is like you retired and lost a bunch of money in 08. Dad always thought he had to pay and be the provider even when we became adults. Now he can't so he won't go with or do anything with us. To be honest it kills both of us! All of his kids are doing ok financially and doing need his help or want it.
Just want to spend time with him. Buddy don't let your pride get in the way! Tell them you want to come and hunt and be a part of the family hunt! It will mean more to them then the hunt. They will joyously provide what they need to, to get it done. Believe me!
willyp likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Shed Antler sounds like you and your brother need to talk to your Dad ?
When i do make it to his place i always stay near my car and never wonder far from it. I see deer often .
I mostly enjoy seeing one of them coming out of the woods dragging one behind them.

WILLY P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page