post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

DMA-2 Map! You gys see this ?

ArcGIS Web Application

WILLY P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 06:21 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Seems to be as plain as mud. Have larger area but less area to take deer from. Another fine idea from someone lost in the bureaucratic wasteland.

Life member NRA
Life member DAV
Life member VFW
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 08:05 AM
The Man

I don't know I finally see my area is in the " South " and the boundary in some area is Rt 26. I thought at first was great because 26 runs a lot of distance but at my place I own property on both sides of 26. Think it would stink to have to have 2 separate unit tags to hunt my own property but I realize there has to be a dividing point some place. Some hunters found if confusing last 3 years this is going to be worse to understand. What really gets me the designated dma dump site is in the other unit a short distance. Am I going to be able to cross the unit to dump my parts or will they put a dumpster on South side which would be stupid and a waste of money. After what I went thru last year I almost want it in writing and signed by some one.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:21 AM
The Man

I thought I would make call to Huntington office to be sure and I was correct. The new boundary goes thru my property. I kind of wish there was an exception to the rule that if you owned property on both sides you still just go by one unit tag instead of two, is what it is. I really feel they did a terrible job on this issue this year compared to previous years of dma-2 tags. My reason is due to poor communication from PGC to the hunter. 4 days and saying again 4 days before license goes on sale they announce the mechanics of the new system. This is poor communication and I don't care who gets offended. I just had a phone conversation with an HPA member on here and wont mention his name. He lives close to my area and knows the rules as well as anyone but had no ides of this new system. I was able to enlighten him to be able to get his tags tomm. when license goes on sale. First the previous years of dma-2 tags cost everyone 6.70 resident or nr now they are DMAP costing around 10.00 for resident and like 35.00 for non resident. It kind of shows me it turned in to a money thing when you go to prices like this for a management tool. I could even tell talking to the dispatcher y-day it was confusing to them.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstater View Post
First the previous years of dma-2 tags cost everyone 6.70 resident or nr now they are DMAP costing around 10.00 for resident and like 35.00 for non resident. It kind of shows me it turned in to a money thing when you go to prices like this for a management tool.

BINGO ! I've been saying this for a few years now. Ever since I have been getting DMAP coupons for some non-resident hunters that come in the 1st week of rifle season. Each one is a former PA resident. Since the PGC went to "Buck Only" the 1st week of rifle, these guys were boned of they didn't get their antlerless deer the 1st Saturday. The only day in the first week that they could attempt to get one. And at $26.70 for non-res antlerless tag. Now they can get an antlerless on my DMAP any day the first week of rifle, but it will cost them. Like you said, $35 ? What should be a "management tool" has turned into a "let's gouge for money tool".

Hey, do they need a license fee increase ? Well, yeah. But don't bludgeon the DMAP program to try and gain a few extra bucks.
outofstater likes this.

2A-Wash. Co.

Last edited by Fleroo; 06-20-2017 at 03:12 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 06:25 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The PGC has been disconnected from wildlife for years now...It is being run by money hungry liberals...They have pension liabilities due...They cannot get a license hike...They have more vehicles then personnel.... Now we cannot get a license booklet anymore so when your hunting and make a mistake they will punish you for that mistake but not give you the information to keep from making the mistake...I cannot criticize the WCOs about doing their job but the agency is becoming very user unfriendly...I think the agency would make more money by selling combination licenses...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 09:56 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleroo View Post
BINGO ! I've been saying this for a few years now. Ever since I have been getting DMAP coupons for some non-resident hunters that come in the 1st week of rifle season. Each one is a former PA resident. Since the PGC went to "Buck Only" the 1st week of rifle, these guys were boned of they didn't get their antlerless deer the 1st Saturday. The only day in the first week that they could attempt to get one. And at $26.70 for non-res antlerless tag. Now they can get an antlerless on my DMAP any day the first week of rifle, but it will cost them. Like you said, $35 ? What should be a "management tool" has turned into a "let's gouge for money tool".

Hey, do they need a license fee increase ? Well, yeah. But don't bludgeon the DMAP program to try and gain a few extra bucks.

My point is not only for the NR but the Resident pays more for a DMAP then regular doe license also. I guess the point I'm making is say for nr's charge that also for regular doe if need be. But DMAP stands for Deer Management Assistance I'm helping out and getting shafted dollar wise the same as Pa. residents. Also I'm sorry 4 days before license come out to introduce what they are going to do for Disease management such as plan and tags! Very pitiful !!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page