A New World record! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Lightbulb A New World record!

BREAKING NEWS: NEW WORLD RECORD TRICERATOPS TAKEN IN RUSSIA!

Breaking news unfolds as Russian hunter lays down potential world record Triceratops.

What started out as a typical hunt has quickly turned into a dream come true for this Russian hunter. Asking to stay anonymous until the media attention dies down and the record is officially confirmed, this hunter may find himself in the books after harvesting a possible world record Triceratops.

After glassing a few bluffs in the early morning fog, the hunter noticed some movement down below in the thick brush but was unable to see what exactly was bedded below.

All he could tell is that it was big.

Formulating a plan, he moved back down the bluff he’d come from and circled the ravine, trying to get downwind of the animal to cover his scent. After getting to where he wanted, he waited, hoping the animal would soon get up to feed. To his surprise, the Triceratops appeared from the brush just moments later. That’s when he knew he was onto something special.

Although his Triceratops sightings had been few and far between, the hunter had seen enough to know this one was mature and huge in size. The rut was in full swing, and the male Triceratops was with a female in heat, running and chasing all over the tundra. After multiple attempts to get the animal stopped for a clean shot, the Triceratops had moved out of range.

Distraught, the hunter thought he had missed out on a chance of a lifetime. He decided then to begin a spot and stalk in the direction of where the pair were headed, still hoping to track down the monster.

After a three-hour spot and stalk, the hunter got within range and fought to calm his nerves.

He squeezed the trigger and watched the creature run about 80 yards before toppling over.

“I’ve never experienced anything like it,” he said. “I’ve hunted whitetail, caribou, elk, and even a few bear in my day, but chasing this animal is like nothing else.”

Currently, wildlife officers and biologists have the dinosaur in their possession for research and scoring.

At a whopping 32 feet and three inches long, 10 feet two inches tall, and an absurd 25,974-pound weigh-in, this harvest is sure to crush the previous world record. The two horns measured over four feet long each. He’s a true trophy, and based on the measurements, they are guessing his age at over 82 million. Mature for sure.

When we asked the hunter his thoughts on the whole ordeal, he showed surprising restraint. All he had to say was, “Now I have to figure out what kind of mount I want, and where it could even fit in my house…”

“…or if the wife will even approve,” he chuckled.

This is amazing, to say the least, and it brings a whole new meaning to “Big Game Hunting.”

P.S., If you realized this was a joke, congratulations: you’re smarter than all the people who thought Donald Trump Jr. killed and endangered Triceratops. And all the people who thought Steven Spielberg killed one, too.

BREAKING NEWS: New World Record Triceratops Taken in Russia!

MAGA 2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I thought you had to wait for a 90day drying period on them horns before it would be considered a record.
Uncle Johnny likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 11:50 AM

I want to know two things, what are the point required system, and what cal gun did he use
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Frequent Contributor

Oh man, PETA is going to be all over this poor guy.

Quarry mine, blessed am I
In the luck of the chase.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:42 PM

There b some nice back straps
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Banned

Ak-47

He is in jail for using an AK47 not legal for big game in Russia. FT
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Apparently he downed it with bird shot from the over/under he is holding, wonder what choke he is using?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:22 AM
The Man

That would have been a nice triceratops in another eon or two....just sayin'!
BCozhunter and Uncle Johnny like this.

Bigfoot saw me but nobody believes him!
5D
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 09:00 PM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Lead shot. EPA will be all over this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 09:47 PM

Russia cloning Project X Jurassic Hunting World.

A real man would have used an atlatl ....

Well, sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you, so the Dude must abide!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page