Second buck tag..what would you pay? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Second buck tag..what would you pay?

What would you pay for a second buck tag in pa? If even, 250,000 hunters paid $50 for another tag that is almost 12.5 million for a BADLY underfunded organization. 18.7 mil at $75.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 05:35 PM

I would want it to cost more then $50. You also have to purchase it by the end of August. $75-$100. I wouldn't buy one but a lot would.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt1e View Post
What would you pay for a second buck tag in pa? If even, 250,000 hunters paid $50 for another tag that is almost 12.5 million for a BADLY underfunded organization. 18.7 mil at $75.

Your numbers don't add up....last three year buck harvest avg 130K, so why would someone pony up money before a harvest? FT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

You have to buy the tag before the first deer season....you must commit prior to actually taking a buck... so hunters thinking they will be doubly successful have a conservative 250,000 people buying the license out of total livense saled ...that's where I'm getting the numbers
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 06:15 PM
Part of the Community

most that want a second buck tag just pay the normal license fees... I can't tell you the number of times that a wife or daughter has shot a deer and probably didn't even know it.
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 06:26 PM
Part of the Community

I believe in the next 10 years that pa will be a 2 buck state with one of those bucks having to be killed during muzzleloader or bow season. i also believe the license fees will rise alot. This extra tag will apease the masses while raising the needed funds for the game commission. Im not saying that I agree with or support this just my opinion.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 06:29 PM

I've always thought that a system similar to the elk drawing would bring in some good revenue. For residents, $10 to enter a draw, $50 for the tag if you're drawn. $20/$100 for non-residents for a chance at 25% of the tags, leaving 75% for residents. The benefit over a straight second tag purchase is that would give the PGC a little more control over the harvest numbers in certain WMU's, if they feel it's necessary. I don't really have a guess on potential numbers of applicants or tag allotments.
bohunr likes this.
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 06:33 PM

To directly answer the question though, if it were a straight tag purchase, I think $50 would be my max in my current financial situation. Maybe up to $100 if I had the disposable dollars laying around, but I can never count on that.
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freytown View Post
Your numbers don't add up....last three year buck harvest avg 130K, so why would someone pony up money before a harvest? FT
Same logic as the second turkey tag. You're basically taking a gamble on yourself and buying extra opportunity should you luck out early in the season. My most painful turkey season, by far, was when I shot a bird at 6:30 opening morning, before the bonus tag was available. I'd have given a lot to have had a second tag in my pocket that year.
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freytown View Post
Same reason people pony up for the second gobbler tag.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page