2F - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

2F

Just got back from camp.. Went up Friday morning and opened up camp in Leeper. Didnt see much in the afternoon. Shot a 6 pt buck that was chasing a doe saturday at 11am on SGL 24. Big bodied deer with stunted antlers. how did everybody else do up that way..

Pittsburgh Boxing Club 51
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Seen 11 doe yesterday, hunted close to 24.

Pa Hunting-It's a natural high!
2D 2F
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

I'm not familiar with the areas game lands, but I live and hunt here in 2F. Kane area. And this has been the best year in a long time: Seen ALOT of deer and had many encounters. Trail cameras showed around 25 different shooter bucks in 2 separate areas. Though I did end up tagging a smaller 5pt - mainly because I found his rack very interesting (split main beam on one side), in archery season. Then yesterday I filled my doe tag less than 30 min. after entering the woods............... My wife has also had several great encounters: had a large 7pt at 30 yards in archery (my crossbow wasn't fully cocked - thus wouldn't fire for her). then he came back in on her the very next Saturday - along with another deer - but offered no shot. And we've all seen a lot of Doe and Small Bucks...... Wife and Son have this week to fill their 2 buck tags and the son's doe tag. So i'm sure that atleast one more deer will end up in the freezer yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 04:56 PM
New Arrival

Congratulations on your success in 2F. I certainly haven't experienced the same results in the ANF. Deer numbers very low there. My family has been hunting the area for over 42 years, have always killed at least one buck a year, a few time 4-5. My group of 5 haven't seen a a dozen deer in the past 2 years. That would include 8 days of deer hunting. Going to search new areas in hopes of keeping our hunting group together.
nomad_archer likes this.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Frequent Contributor

My brother and his buddy saw 6 buck between the two of them yesterday. They both took respectable ANF bucks.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Frequent Contributor

My buddies dad also took a 160 inch buck the first day of gun season. it is probably the nicest ANF buck I've seen.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 11:23 PM
Frequent Contributor

It sounded like a war zone up here Saturday. Heard well over 100 shots. I have my heart set on a big split brow 9 point that I know is still back in where I hunt. As far as doe goes I like to wait til flintlock and if I don't get that 9 then I'll have that tag as well for meat.

16 years and counting. Welcome to the life of a Buffalo Bills fan!
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Post a pic, Beav!!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 01:08 PM
New Arrival

Headed up to camp for the weekend. Looks like the likely hood of new snow is promising. Going to leave my happy hunting grounds of 40 plus years in Sheffield and do some searching in the Ludlow area. Hopefully we can find some of those nests of deer, some of you have been able to find in 2F. Good luck to all headed out.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Frequent Contributor

Good luck this weekend. You should have some fresh snow. Try the tionesta scenic area. It's very thick but remote if you do a little hiking. Let me know how you do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page