DMA-2 in 2-E &4-D ! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

DMA-2 in 2-E &4-D !

We hunt in 2-E & 4-D and our area is covered by the DMA-2 tags.
I will say that the game lands where we hunt got a very good response DMA tags. The parking areas were full ! I've not seen that many vehicles in these lots ever! There are thousands upon thousands of acres to hunt. Acorns everywhere and feed plots planted by PGC. It is mountain hunting at its best? Just too darn steep my old body to roam around on.
We have no DMA tags so we went in the areas out side of it to hunt.
We were in ear shot of the ridges with all the cars parked in them!
Now,for all the vehicles in that area shots were very scarce? I would have thought it would be like a war or the old days of opening of the deer season,but it wasn't ?
We went back to a couple of the lots at lunch time and it looked like all the same cars were still there and no one had any deer ?

WILLY P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 05:55 AM
The Man

I live in the heart of DMA2 territory. Sounded like a war opening day, but nothing got run my way. Literally NO mast crop of any kind this year around here. Worst opening day I've had here in 39 years. We did get two does and had one missed on tues. Headin' out now, but imagine we're gonna be getting rained on real quick.

I gotta go agitate the techies!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 01:41 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I hunted out Bedford-way in archery the last two years and both rifle openers. We're seeing a higher buck to doe ratio this year and there were a lot more shots we thought this year than last; not quite a war zone though.

Our camp could've gone 4/5 on does but we only ended up with one. And no legal buck spotted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 10:18 PM
New Arrival

I live in 2c that is covered by dma2 and hunted on gamelands 26. I don't think i have ever heard that many shots up there. Usually on the first day of doe season you hear 4-5 all day but I heard 40-50 Monday by the time I left at 1:30 after I used a DMA tag on a button buck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page