THE LEFT HANDED DOE ! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

THE LEFT HANDED DOE !

Back in the old days,when buck season only, was in for 2 weeks,my son says he seen a strange thing in a spot he hunts in. He ask me to go with him the next day. I said OK,not knowing what he may have seen?
He takes me to an old road,full of big holes and a nice stream running beside it. The hill side,opposite the creek,was pretty steep. We drove a bout half a mile and came to an old spot were another old road came down over the steep hill and pulled off to park.
I am saying this place was steep,covered in green briers,grapevines and big rocks,the size of cars. There were a few big trees,with vines growing up them.
I took one look at this place and said to him "You are as crazy as your mother,if you think i am going into that mess!" He put me in a spot and says "Every time i come here i jump a deer.It will run up the hill and then turn and run down! It will stay in the briers and i can't see what it is." True to his word,he stepped in to the brush and out went a deer,up the hill and then back down and hid? It ran in a way you couldn't see its head! We went back to the spot 4 more times and it was there and did the same thing! We finally got some snow,coming near the end of buck,so we went to check it out to see what it was. Park,walk over to the area an there it goes,up the hill. Finally,see it! Its a doe.
We have doe license,so we go there the first day and there is still snow.Get out of the car and load the guns,walk to the area,and there it goes,up the hill. We wait and here it comes back around to the brier patch. It stopped and bang,he got it.
This deer ,every time it was jumped,would run in a big left hand circle?
We battle our way to it ,in the jagers and vines. Roll it over to clean it and low and behold,its left leg is grown into a tight circle and the first joint on the right one,would not bend!!!!The deer must have only been able to run left. It must have been hit by a car or a train and lived?
I guess that would be a once in a life time thing to have seen.

WILLY P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: THE LEFT HANDED DOE !

That's funny!!

My name is Moss and i'm a turkey huntin' addict

I'm itchin' to see a red fox twitchin!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Willy, curious to know if your son is a left handed shooter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 02:54 PM

Ain't that somethin'!

"A 30-30 is all you need. If you use a 30-06 you'll just hit a tree" -My Grandpa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page