Questions for DMA permit buyers? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Questions for DMA permit buyers?

I see people are buying them tags up! For what reason ? To help out the reduction of CWD ? Baloney !
Are you really going to take a deer,in that area and hunt down a dumpster to put the head,spine and hide? I'd bet less than half the parts make it to a dump point from the ones shot.
You really going to eat possible tainted meat from them and or feed it to your family and friends? I am aged,so i will never see it,but,i sure hope over time they,the people whom say it shouldn't,not,it won't hurt you,come back and say,in a few years,well,i guess we were wrong,sorry!
If you see a deer stumbling through the woods,will you shoot it and gut it and take it home??? I doubt it!
It breaks my heart that the DMA area has moved into where we hunt and that i mesed up and sent for a doe tag for there.

WILLY P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 01:03 AM
The Man

Re: Questions for DMA permit buyers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyp
I see people are buying them tags up! For what reason ? To help out the reduction of CWD ? Baloney !
Are you really going to take a deer,in that area and hunt down a dumpster to put the head,spine and hide? I'd bet less than half the parts make it to a dump point from the ones shot.
You really going to eat possible tainted meat from them and or feed it to your family and friends? I am aged,so i will never see it,but,i sure hope over time they,the people whom say it shouldn't,not,it won't hurt you,come back and say,in a few years,well,i guess we were wrong,sorry!
If you see a deer stumbling through the woods,will you shoot it and gut it and take it home??? I doubt it!
It breaks my heart that the DMA area has moved into where we hunt and that i mesed up and sent for a doe tag for there.
To answer some of your questions here I go, To help out reduction: Nope I just love killing deer. When I was younger a nr getting a doe tag was like hitting the lottery. Yes, I take my parts to a designated dumpster by the PGC. Not that complicated to adbide to but its the law and I have always gave my best effort to comply. Yes, I eat the meat and give away to friends and family as I have my entire life. CWD was not invented in Pa., its been around for a long time and haven't heard of anyone dying. However I would not trust the meats from some of the markets you consume in todays world. I buy my beef from local farmer and butcher my own hogs making my own hams, sausage, bacon, and roasts. I don't do mercy killings, everyone one else can but I don't. I don't know what to tell you willy by them or not by them, shoot em or not shoot em. Your choice!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 01:09 AM
The Man

+1....it's not really hard, and myself, my family, and friends all eat the meat. Chances are decent you've eaten it yourself already, and just don't know it.

I think I'm an alright guy, I think I'm alright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 01:30 AM

Hunt ALL over "GROUND ZERO' ALL my life. Have taken every opportunity for the tags of any nature when available. Since CWD, I have not changed my stance on hunting/harvesting from DMA2. I have never seen, nor heard talk of sickly looking or acting deer in the area.
If I don't apply and get tags, someone else will gladly buy them up!
As for using the dumpsters, one is provided close by on SGL I hunt and we frequent it regularly. Prior, a neighbor was an approved butcher outside of DMA2 where you could take animal for peocessing.
NOT getting and using available tags is a sure way to aid in the spread.
In reality, this is a VAST amount of land.... the extra DMA2 tags are not going to obliterate the white-tailed deer from the area.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 01:44 AM
The Man

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

It is truly nice to see some honesty posted on here,from you few that replied! Thank you guys.
Yes,i most likely have eaten it. Last season we took deer in the part that was not included in the DMA area. Still alive,too!
My problem is if i got one ,in there,i would have to skin it in the woods and cut it up there? My place i stay at is outside the border and can't take it there to do it?
I will not pay a deer butcher to do it,cost is too high.
So,you guys go for it and have fun!

WILLY P
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 04:56 PM
The Man

I took it as life is a compromise. Yes, pita but it was better then me working my regular job that day.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

im a rebel and just dont worry about it.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Just another smoke and mirrors game from the PGC...Lets kill all the deer in the DMA area..As the years go by the DMA area enlarges to the entire state..So they want every deer dead in PA whether they look sick or not..If every deer in the state is wiped out then a lot of PGC employees will be out of a job..It is all a big bunch of nonsense..A few deer are found sick so what they are either dead or walking dead..Other stupid states tell the PGC to wipe out all the deer and the disease will die away..This is another stupid theory..Its a case of the blind leading the blind..Man has known for centuries that mother nature takes care of itself and deer have lived for millions of years..The deer over time will build immunity to the CWD and they will succeed...There is nothing the PGC or any other state can do to speed up this process..
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Part of the Community

I own a cabin in the DMA2 area and I agree that it is nonsense. I have hunted the area for 25 years now and have seen it good and terrible as far as deer numbers go. I cannot comprehend how killing off all of the deer in the area is a good thing. The increased numbers of tags is obviously not the answer as they have sold extra tags for two years now and somehow the area is now larger. If killing more deer actually contained the disease wouldn't they have actually been able to shrink the area not expand it again?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page