Problem with Antlerless License Issuance - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Problem with Antlerless License Issuance

I dropped my 4C applications in the mail this past Sunday, July 10th. I have been checking the PGC website every day, and have still not seen confirmation that my licenses were issued.

I called the Schuylkill County Treasurers office Friday, July 15th. The issuing agent told me they had many trays of applications to process and that they were currently working on the ones they received Wednesday.

I checked this morning and saw that my licenses were still not issued so I called the treasurers office again. Today I talked to the assistant treasurer. She told me that my license was probably received Thursday as all their mail first goes to either Reading or Harrisburg and they were still working on Wednesdays tray.

I explained that out of state people could begin to apply today and that if they submitted their applications to a different county they could be receiving their permits before me, even though I had mailed mine a week ago. She said she understood that but that they were doing the best they could.

I called two of the state representatives from Schuylkill County, Goodman and Knowles, and explained the situation to their office people who said they would pass it on to them. I have still heard nothing back from anyone and have not been awarded my permits.

It is frustrating. Should I have sent mine in earlier, yes. Should I have driven my apps to the Pottsville Post Office, yes. However I did not think their would be a problem. Hopefully their will not be as I am planning to transfer my antlerless permit to my great nephew.

As many have said before, it seems like it is time for us to update this system. I got an antlerless permit for New York last year online when I applied for my license.

As of tonight, there are only 5428 left out of 25000 available. I don't have a good feeling about this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 01:08 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Problem with Antlerless License Issuance

Hope it works out for you Ted. The commissioners created a can of worms when they decided to move the out of state applications up a week. Good luck

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
post #3 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 02:13 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappybear
The commissioners created a can of worms when they decided to move the out of state applications up a week. Good luck
How do you figure? I think they did a good job on a long due thing to happen. Heaven forbid if the enemy get thee doe tag before someone else. I'm sorry put your application in the mail prior to first day of residents first chance like the non residents are doing for there first day. Btw, I hope ted gets his tag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 05:39 AM

Sounds like 2 things are in play here:

1. Resident hunter not putting application in mail early enough.

2. USPS having fewer sorting facilities resulting in mail heading one direction only to be delivered in the opposite direction.
post #5 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 07:56 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Applying for a doe tag in PA is low on the priority list in July, but if you forget, it can come back to bite ya.

I prefer my kid hunt and fish rather than steal and deal,
post #6 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacimsaalk
Sounds like 2 things are in play here:

1. Resident hunter not putting application in mail early enough.

2. USPS having fewer sorting facilities resulting in mail heading one direction only to be delivered in the opposite direction.
I thought Sunday was early enough, guess I was wrong. However the question I have is why some counties can stay totally caught up with the applications and others are days behind! I know the answer is staffing, but just can't understand why after all the controversies the past few years, every county doesn't pull out all the stops to get this done.

I know the answer to that also. USPS vs. UPS. Our state stores vs. private stores. Just the way it is.

Got my antlerless license in NY last when I bought my license. It was easy, why are we making it so hard here in PA?
post #7 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 01:10 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstater
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappybear
The commissioners created a can of worms when they decided to move the out of state applications up a week. Good luck
How do you figure? I think they did a good job on a long due thing to happen. Heaven forbid if the enemy get thee doe tag before someone else. I'm sorry put your application in the mail prior to first day of residents first chance like the non residents are doing for there first day. Btw, I hope ted gets his tag.
I believe that when the decision was made to move the time line up for non-residents, most people thought that it would have little or no actual impact on non-residents ability to receive permits in wmu's that sold out early. While Ted could have mailed his application on Friday afternoon, or hand delivered it to the post office of his county seat, the fact that he applied during the allotted time should save his spot in line but it doesn't under the current system.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
post #8 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 02:17 PM
The Man

You really don't know that for sure. Maybe all the resident trays came in first week and they just couldn't get to them but have them in that preference to get first.
post #9 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 02:46 PM

Problem could be solved for 95% of us by letting you buy it when you get your normal license, those who want the north central, sent it to h-burg, why do we have to be so backward on everything???
post #10 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 02:51 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

As a point of reference, I mailed my 5C app, which I wasn't sweating over, on Jul 11. It was posted as awarded yesterday. That's the Berks County Treasurer, who generally is right on top of the applications.

My sense is that they are getting a lot and earlier than in the past, as people got burned last year for procrastinating.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page