Beaver County Courthouse - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Beaver County Courthouse

If anyone sent there Doe Application to Beaver County Courthouse, they are on a very limited staff. I spoke to them this morning and the lady I talked to said they have 3 people out and she was only working 1/2 a day. She said it will take longer than usual and to call her next week. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Not happy about this!! I spoke to the Game Commission and the beaver County Commissioners Office. The Game Commission took the information. They couldn't believe it either. The commissioners Office never returned my call. They acted like oh well??? Sorry just had to rant about this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 12:59 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Beaver County Courthouse

Though I understand your anger, life's too short to get bent out of shape over a doe tag. And not to sound like a jerk but the wmu you applied for has the 3rd least amount of tags awarded and the 5th most tags alloted for a wmu. Less than 800 of the 43,000 are accounted for. Pretty sure you will have a shot at least 2nd round if not 3rd round tags at that rate.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 08:01 AM

yestersay was day 2 of the resident application process, and we're already getting up in arms? So long as you get awarded before NR's add to the pile what does it matter? A tag is a tag regardless if it's #1 or #1111.

Just my $.02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 12:12 PM

NR can apply this coming Monday. all county treasurers must fill the residents tags before then or their will most certainly be some very upset people if they don't get tags when they mailed them in on time.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Part of the Community

Mine is usually processed on Monday so I did wonder why it had not been awarded. After reading the original post, I logged back in and it has been awarded this morning.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I use old yeller tags.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 02:59 PM

Got my 2f from them this morning finally...while and of the world...it's still unfair for the hundreds to do everything right on their end and get shafted by a slow treasurer..I'm a reasonable guy...i know things happen and all that...butnif they can't keep up they need to forward their applications to a different county...it's not "luck of the draw". I'm fine with true luck of the draw...

Guys that say it's no big deal either don't hunt much or dont work or have a flexible job...some of us have vacations, cabin rentals, etc planned a year in advanced around hunting season...and while "just a doe tag" that's not the point...

The point is its in no way fair to the hunters...life isn't fair..i know that pretty dang well...but something like that needs to be fair...

I've never not gotten a doe tag that I've applied for...so yes I do plan my hunting trips around having that tag...

Glad they worked it out and hopefully noone gets the shaft..

Hopefully someone sees the major flaw in the system...why county treasurers have a part in doe tags still is beyond me...
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 03:41 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Not starting a fight but how can it ever be "fair" just with taking the county out of it? If the licences were sold over the counter no doubt they would sell quicker because the whole mailing and waiting for someone to process would be taken out of the equation. So for hard to get units people are still going to miss out on tags. It's not "fair" if someone works the day tags go on sale and cant get to the store prior to selling out.

To make everyone happy and be "fair" there would have to be enough tags for everyone to get a tag no matter when they get their licence. Personally I don't think there is an issue with how they do things now which isnt much different than how the old county process.

Calling a system "fair" because it works in your favor or is easier for some to get tags doesnt make it any better for the whole if allocation is limited. You are always going to have someone be upset they didnt get a tag and call things unfair. People that have no problems getting tags under this system will gripe if the system changes and they miss out on a tag under that system
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by browninggold
Mine is usually processed on Monday so I did wonder why it had not been awarded. After reading the original post, I logged back in and it has been awarded this morning.
Ya, they awarded mine this afternoon. They said they were going to work on them today. Glad you got yours.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 11:38 PM

My buddy sent his on time to Beaver county....for 2f....

They called and asked if he had a 2nd pick...

That's ridiculous....i didnt watch which day 2f sold out...and I know people just don't get their tags when they sale out...but had they been on the ball he would have gotten his tag...if he would have sent elsewhere he would have gotten his tag....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page