Still Hunting...awesome if we had snow for sure - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Still Hunting...awesome if we had snow for sure

That movie: Talk to the animals? What about walk like an animal when you Still Hunt. I enjoy doing that! be it for buck and or doe... Hunting a patch of woods you know there are deer in there... It's a known fact... take 4 steps and stop... Take four steps and stop. Deer will think your just another deer... Wind in your face of course..I have killed deer doing this. How awesome would that be if we could hunt them like they do in Maine if we had snow cover all the time.. You got to see the deer your tracking.. Hence the snow cover to track !! The deer I have harvested was with a scoped rifle... A 35 Rem Model 336 and a Encore 3006 with a scope.. When your after a certain deer best to use a open sighted pump and or lever action. I am hoping some of our next deer seasons are snow filled.. When all the guys are no longer moving the deer and back at work.. It would be so neat to stalk a deer on a Weds there after the opener.. Be it a buck or even a doe.. It sure is exciting.. By the way? if there is snow it's three steps and stop.. Crunchy snow toe to heel and stop... This all makes the targeted animal think it's just another deer...Thank You Maine outfitter Randy Flannery for an outstanding inspirational seminar.. I like this kind of stuff!!! Using a scope is suppose to be in favor of the deer... A Repeater with no scope is suppose to get them after you fire for effect!!! there are negative things if you do hit them in a not so lethal area... There are pro and con on everything in life...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page