Any luck around sheffield? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Any luck around sheffield?

Hunted first two days out of our camp in Cherry Grove by hearts content did not see a deer. Of the 8 hunters in camp only 3 saw deer. Heard minimal shooting. Anyone have any luck or know of anyone having any luck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 01:51 AM
RTH

Re: Any luck around sheffield?

I hunted the lower part of Sheffield near the sewage treatment plant first morning, saw 4 doe. Afternoon Monday and Tuesday I hunted up on the flat of Austin Hill Rd, saw 3 doe and 8pt that I couldn't get a shot at. Saw a nice buck hanging at one of the camps down the road a little. My first year hunting the area, so it was more exploratory.
Hunting 2B tomorrow and Saturday, and back there next weekend
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 10:10 PM
New Arrival

5 guys out of my camp hunted two days around Bull Hill. One guy killed a 5 point, 2 others didn't see a deer, 2 others saw 2 doe each. We know the area pretty well there, been hunting ANF for 34 years. We pushed for a day and a half. The camp beside us had 11 guys hunting four days, they are what I would consider good hunters. They did kill a nice 10 point in Copper Track, but that was it. They drove both sides of the road from Henry's Mill bridge to South Branch. Very few deer sighted. Tough hunting up here the past few years. Not seeing the come back of deer that some guys speak of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 01:44 AM
Regular Visitor

4 Guys, a youth, and a mentor along the Farnsworth valley. A nice 17" 8 point killed and that fellow also saw a racked buck at first light with no shot. The guy with the mentor also saw a rack while walking with no shot. I had 6 days in the woods and November trying to position my daughter for a good first day. We saw no deer, but only one hunter. Simply not enough guys to get them moving. There are some very good bucks there, just have to be patient, but it does stink not to have a sighting.

"Up Mike's, Down Jake's, to get some Rattlesnakes" - My Grandfather, over and over again.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

On the Mayburg side 2 guys=no deer sighted very little sign 1 shot within a walkable distance(approx. 1 mile from where I was) Sounded like any shots I heard came from Minster valley
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 12:43 PM

Hunted closer to Brookston the first two days. Saw twelve doe n a four point opening day. Only saw one tail the second day.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Very slow hunted Saturday around minister valley heard very few shots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page