Another hunting property lost! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Another hunting property lost!

This makes 3 properties lost in the last 2 years. 2 were sold and I just got a phone call that another was leased. Now instead of setting stands, I need to pull three stands and relocate. It just seems that good hunting land here in western Pa. is getting harder to come by every year. Very frustrating.

Check us out at www.gripngrinoutdoors.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 02:08 PM

Re: Another hunting property lost!

I'm with ya brother been singing that song the last 15-20 yrs. It's only SGL for me now, not as good in many respects but at least it's land to hunt.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 07:20 PM

I can go on and on why I chase guys out. I have several farms but if I invite one guy to hunt he invites 2 and they invite 6. Next thing I know some slugs is unloading a quad in my driveway and I don't even know him. I post my property but some are more than welcome.

I'm so far behind I think I'm in first place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

It's only going to get worse, I was on a property last week to scout and there is a well site and someone dumped a couch there so I expect it is going to get posted. I will still be able to hunt it but it was open to the general public.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 08:17 PM

buck, Indiana county is the same as Armstrong. I used to be able to hunt just about anywhere, but now there are very few places that not leased and posted. not very sportsmen like in this state anymore. and the game commission wants to raise hunting licenses. I wish them luck. whos going to pay more to hunt and have nowhere to hunt.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 08:19 PM

beat the system.

my buddy and i found a piece of property that was not open to hunting, and we leased it. more property open to hunting, not less.

Pence/Putin 2024
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 08:45 PM

down here in this area a lot of property is leased and posted. all you have to do is take a drive around and see all the poster on trees and posts. as i said, not very sportsmen like.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa. Slim
buck, Indiana county is the same as Armstrong. I used to be able to hunt just about anywhere, but now there are very few places that not leased and posted. not very sportsmen like in this state anymore. and the game commission wants to raise hunting licenses. I wish them luck. whos going to pay more to hunt and have nowhere to hunt.
....The SGL system keeps growing, so I'm not sure how there is nowhere to hunt.

Obama/Biden-Change You Can Believe In If You Feel It's The Government's Job To Provide For You.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa. Slim
down here in this area a lot of property is leased and posted. all you have to do is take a drive around and see all the poster on trees and posts. as i said, not very sportsmen like.
...Yeah it's not very sportsman like to pay taxes on land and not want to put up with slobs.

Obama/Biden-Change You Can Believe In If You Feel It's The Government's Job To Provide For You.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 10:10 PM
The Man

If someone is over 40, the odds are they still hunt and lost a favorite hunting land.
The U.S. isn't getting any bigger and the population has increased rapidly over the last fifty years.

I know one PA county that didn't increase in population, but people spread out through the county and took three former hunting spots of mine, when I was young. In one state, I lost hunting land that was leased and used for public hunting. The owner stopped leasing the property to the state and built homes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page