Maine Moose Permit Drawing - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Maine Moose Permit Drawing

The 2015 Moose Permit Drawing will take place on Saturday, June 13 as part of the Bethel Maine Moose Festival. The weekend-long event is highlighted by the moose lottery drawing at 3 p.m. on Saturday at the Bethel Common, when the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife will announce the names of those drawn for one of the 2,740 moose hunting permits.

On Friday evening, June 12, the Moose Festival gets started with a qualifying round of the Maine Moose Calling Championship at Gould Academy’s Bingham Auditorium. Maine’s nationally touring alt-country rock band, The Mallett Brothers, will also perform that night at The Bethel Inn Resort.

In addition to the moose permit lottery on Saturday, June 13, the schedule for the day also includes the finals of the Moose Calling Championship, appearances from the cast of North Woods Law, kids’ activities, hunting- and fishing-related demonstrations, the L.L. Bean Bootmobile, an ATV safety course, raffles and vendors, including guides, outdoor products, non-profits, crafts and food. After the lottery, Team Zespy will show off their exhibition shooting skills.

Sunday’s events include Youth Field Day at the UMaine 4-H Camp & Learning Center in Bryant Pond and a golf tournament at The Bethel Inn Resort to benefit camp scholarships.

For those prospective moose hunters who can’t make it to the lottery drawing, the names of permit winners will be posted on the Department’s website starting at 8 p.m. on Saturday. Visit www.mefishwildlife.com to access the list once it has been posted.

For more information on moose hunting in Maine, visit www.mefishwildlife.com.

To see the complete schedule of events for the 2015 Moose Lottery Festival, go to www.bethelmainemoosefest.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Maine Moose Permit Drawing

I just put in for a preference point this year, I've already won twice. But maybe I can make the trip with my father he is on his 15th year applying.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlane35
I just put in for a preference point this year, I've already won twice. But maybe I can make the trip with my father he is on his 15th year applying.
You've won a Maine moose tag twice? Are you a Leprechaun?

Resident lady we saw up there last year with her first moose. Said it was her first tag ever, took her 30 years to draw it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I'm pretty lucky but at the same time don't forget the odds are different for residents. They can only buy one chance, while non residents are reserved 10% of the licenses and can buy as many chances as possible. I always bought 55 dollars worth. When I was 16 I drew a bull tag and harvested a 48 inch bull and then when I was 20 I drew a cow tag and harvested one.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 10:03 PM

Neither my dad or myself have put in for a moose tag. I guess we are focusing on a PA elk tag first, lol.

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” C.S. Lewis
NRA, UBP, NWTF MEMBER
WCO David Grove, LODD 11/11/10
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

You stand a much greater chance pulling a moose tag. I would strongly recommend that you start applying next year. They are a huge animal and exciting to hunt.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Not to mention wonderful eating!
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Well I have very low hopes for this draw...I put in for an Idaho moose tag that was 80% draw this year and I didn't get it!

A haiku is just like a normal American poem, except it doesnt rhyme and is totally stupid.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtn10pt
Well I have very low hopes for this draw...I put in for an Idaho moose tag that was 80% draw this year and I didn't get it!
How many years have you been putting in for Maine lottery?
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

i think 6 or 7

A haiku is just like a normal American poem, except it doesnt rhyme and is totally stupid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page